Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fantasy vs Reality of Lambo ownership
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    "my roommate owns an R8" ??
    Why does a man who owns an expensive highend car, need a roommate?
    It's a used R8, only a V8, and it's one of the older ones that first came out like 2009. He paid like $80k for it, on credit. And it's slow for an exotic, I drove it and it feels inferior to a Huracan. I especially hate the single clutch, it makes the car harder to drive fast, feels like you have to wait to switch gears. And he knows it, he just will go into denial mode if I tell him the Huracan drives much nicer. Even though I drive a special edition M3, I will straight up admit my car sucks compared to a Huracan and I'd trade it right away if someone on Craigslist wanted to give me their Lamborghini for my M3.

I have no idea why he owns an R8 because he's hesitant to spend a few hundred bucks to do minor repairs in in house. Like hooking up his fridge so the water / ice machine work, and he gets rent money from his roommates so I felt he owes his roommates to fix things up.

Exotic Car Life,I give people rides all the time if the situation permits.I consider myself very fortunate to be able to have such nice things in life at this point.What goes around in life comes around.So,next time I head to the track at Palm beach or Homestead for some hot laps in the H I will let you know...

As for driving,only if I know the person very well and is capable of driving such a car,and and a clear understanding that if they screw the car up they will and can write me a check for the car immediately.That usually,stops the driving it conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    Exotic Car Life,I give people rides all the time if the situation permits.I consider myself very fortunate to be able to have such nice things in life at this point.What goes around in life comes around.So,next time I head to the track at Palm beach or Homestead for some hot laps in the H I will let you know...

As for driving,only if I know the person very well and is capable of driving such a car,and and a clear understanding that if they screw the car up they will and can write me a check for the car immediately.That usually,stops the driving it conversation.
    Well, I am intrigued to take you on your offer as long as you can be available as I will have to fly out to Miami, but wouldn't be a big deal if I got someone to meet up there. I'll find a hotel.

I would at least wanna ride as passenger, I never got to do that yet, it's always been driving since I rented them. But not going to bug you to drive the car, I will be content just riding as passenger since I can just sit back, relax, and let someone else do the driving.

But have you ever gotten close to screwing up before? I just wanna be aware how people can screw up in this car so I'm aware next time I rent again. The only thing I had to really be aware of was my blind spots, it makes it harder to navigate tight traffic or crowded shopping centers. And being so low to the ground, it can be harder to see curbs, especially if they're close to the car and you think it's not there. I had to go in the right turn lanes sometimes and cut in front a bunch of cars at traffic lights though, it was only a 2 hour rental so had to get as many launches in as possible. Traffic is miserable in a super car too, I just hope everyone else understood that. Have no idea if people thought I was an asshole for cutting in front of them, but then I was outta their way in less than 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvSpeed View Post
    Just to let the OP know, you do not get the " falling down " feeling while jumping out if an airplane. You do have a sensation of speed however. Better than any car that I have been in.

Attachment 3719
    Looks sick, haven't done skydiving yet. So can't really say for sure yet.

Will have to go skydiving to see if I get the same feeling as the Huracan. If it did, then maybe buying a Huracan would make sense since it will feel like being able to skydive right outta your driveway.

One has to be careful driving the H,but it is no big deal.It is actually way better then the Vipers I have owned in the past... DO NOT make any plans for flying here for a ride in my Huracan.If their are track events in the future that I plan on attending for sure I will let you and the person in Miami know....

Nothing pending now...

@15HURACAN1 Thank you, greatly appreciate it.