Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fantasy vs Reality of Lambo ownership

Fantasy vs Reality of Lambo ownership
    I am just now trying to question the idea about people's desires of wanting to own a Lamborghini. I know most of them have never tried driving one and they just fantasize about being a cool car that's fast. Whether they just think of celebrities in them or the idea that everyone will say cool car to you. But do they really appreciate racing or going fast because it's something that doesn't come for free.

I think renting it for 2 hours was plenty amount of time to figure out if you truly wanna drop a ton of cash on a single car. My roommate described a purchase of a Lamborghini is the most arrogant thing you can do because you are buying a car that costs as much as a normal house. But as a joke though, he still liked going out for the ride.

But now I got all my fantasy of Lamborghini outta my system and now I can figure out if I truly enjoy this car for what it is. And I can definitely say this car is not meant for comfort or convenience, you have to sacrifice the basic conveniences you take for granted driving a normal BMW sedan. Like it's harder to see outta the car, harder maneuver in heavy traffic or tight areas, the loudness of the car, the tense seating position. All these things have to be sacrificed if you want to be in an amazing car that delivers a memorable experience. The exotic coolness doesn't come free when it comes to convenience or comfort. I had points I started stressing out when traffic got intense because it takes more effort to navigate an exotic around traffic than a compact car. I really wanna know if people who buy these as fashion accessories actually enjoy driving these cars because they're not user friendly cars. It would be better just to get an Mercedes S-class instead if you're expecting plush and comfy.

I do see some people are nice and will give you the right of way because they wanna admire the car for a few more seconds and may let you go ahead at a stop sign. I did see people turn their heads at me, kids taking out their cell phones. But then some people just don't give a shit about you and won't move over for you even though they know you will be outta their way. Traffic is one of the things that I hate the most when being in an exotic. It just feels the cars are going much slower than ever and it's no fun trying to inch along a powerful car and be precise. The attention is defintely a novelty factor of this car. I had fun with it and I milked it when I could. I just never got to park it or show up in one for an event. But my roommate says if he takes his R8 to a school, you def will get the kids to go outta their way to see the car. Adults generally may just turn their heads because they see something unusual, but aren't going to admit they're interested.

But ya overall the car was an amazing experience. And I consider this a special occassion car, you can't expect to have a pleasant ride if you want an easy driving car. You can expect an in your face adrenaline rush ride. Every stoplight I launched, I felt like I was falling down. Right now the excitement is outta my system and I'm over driving the Huracan. This may be the only car that makes me feel I just got out of an 8 hr plane ride.

But ya how do you decide if buying this car is really what you wanna do. Even if I had $1 million, I would still wanna carefully consider it because that's a quarter of a big chunk of money. If maybe I had $10-20 million, then I may not have to stress too much about it if I just limited myself to just one entry level exotic. But for me, I think I can just rent the Huracan few times a year and be perfectly content to know I can drive a Lamborghini without having to save up for one. And I can go through this life being able to drive a Lamborghini while I'm young. Plus I don't wanna regret it and end up being some loser who bought a Lamborghini and revolved their entire life around it.

I hope people who find success and make enough to afford a Lamborghini will actually test drive one for at least a day before they figure out if they really want to own one. Because this car is not for everyone and you truly have to be ready to decide if the inconveniences this car gives you will be worth the thrill factor you will get from it. The way I see it, it's like a cheaper than building your own roller coaster or buying an jet. But at the same time, you could buy a condo in SoCal.

But now I wanna question if I really wanna work hard to make tons of money just for the sole purpose of owning a Lamborghini or any exotic. Because now I know I can rent a Huracan for $300 for 2 hours so I have already driven one before. Which saved me the trouble and time I would have had to go through to make a few million bucks to own one.

Sorry this is alot, but I am glad I rented it for 2 hours for only $300. Now if I ever make enough to buy one, I know if I truly want one rather than let my fantasy to get in the way of my decision making. Or I can just keep renting it a few times a year and never have to drop a few hundred thousand dollars for one car.

You are ok renting a Lambo for now.However,you will find that most people that own one have made their money or are making plenty to afford one easley. All my friends that own these types of cars ,including myself would not rent these cars. Renting is not owning,it is not yours...

As for the driving experience,these are cars are not transport cars,they are what they are and you do have to own a everyday car,no big deal....

Now,get off the internet and get to work so you can make the $$$ to buy your Lambo,Mclaren or Porsche when you hit your 40s...

Report Back then....

Let me also add that most super car owners do not view their car as a fashion acessory to be cool nor is the attention received a top motivating factor for owning one. If that was your focus during your test drive, you missed out on really appreciating the lambo for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfalcon View Post
    I am just now trying to question the idea about people's desires of wanting to own a Lamborghini. I know most of them have never tried driving one and they just fantasize about being a cool car that's fast. Whether they just think of celebrities in them or the idea that everyone will say cool car to you. But do they really appreciate racing or going fast because it's something that doesn't come for free.

I think renting it for 2 hours was plenty amount of time to figure out if you truly wanna drop a ton of cash on a single car. My roommate described a purchase of a Lamborghini is the most arrogant thing you can do because you are buying a car that costs as much as a normal house. But as a joke though, he still liked going out for the ride.

But now I got all my fantasy of Lamborghini outta my system and now I can figure out if I truly enjoy this car for what it is. And I can definitely say this car is not meant for comfort or convenience, you have to sacrifice the basic conveniences you take for granted driving a normal BMW sedan. Like it's harder to see outta the car, harder maneuver in heavy traffic or tight areas, the loudness of the car, the tense seating position. All these things have to be sacrificed if you want to be in an amazing car that delivers a memorable experience. The exotic coolness doesn't come free when it comes to convenience or comfort. I had points I started stressing out when traffic got intense because it takes more effort to navigate an exotic around traffic than a compact car. I really wanna know if people who buy these as fashion accessories actually enjoy driving these cars because they're not user friendly cars. It would be better just to get an Mercedes S-class instead if you're expecting plush and comfy.

I do see some people are nice and will give you the right of way because they wanna admire the car for a few more seconds and may let you go ahead at a stop sign. I did see people turn their heads at me, kids taking out their cell phones. But then some people just don't give a shit about you and won't move over for you even though they know you will be outta their way. Traffic is one of the things that I hate the most when being in an exotic. It just feels the cars are going much slower than ever and it's no fun trying to inch along a powerful car and be precise. The attention is defintely a novelty factor of this car. I had fun with it and I milked it when I could. I just never got to park it or show up in one for an event. But my roommate says if he takes his R8 to a school, you def will get the kids to go outta their way to see the car. Adults generally may just turn their heads because they see something unusual, but aren't going to admit they're interested.

But ya overall the car was an amazing experience. And I consider this a special occassion car, you can't expect to have a pleasant ride if you want an easy driving car. You can expect an in your face adrenaline rush ride. Every stoplight I launched, I felt like I was falling down. Right now the excitement is outta my system and I'm over driving the Huracan. This may be the only car that makes me feel I just got out of an 8 hr plane ride.

But ya how do you decide if buying this car is really what you wanna do. Even if I had $1 million, I would still wanna carefully consider it because that's a quarter of a big chunk of money. If maybe I had $10-20 million, then I may not have to stress too much about it if I just limited myself to just one entry level exotic. But for me, I think I can just rent the Huracan few times a year and be perfectly content to know I can drive a Lamborghini without having to save up for one. And I can go through this life being able to drive a Lamborghini while I'm young. Plus I don't wanna regret it and end up being some loser who bought a Lamborghini and revolved their entire life around it.

I hope people who find success and make enough to afford a Lamborghini will actually test drive one for at least a day before they figure out if they really want to own one. Because this car is not for everyone and you truly have to be ready to decide if the inconveniences this car gives you will be worth the thrill factor you will get from it. The way I see it, it's like a cheaper than building your own roller coaster or buying an jet. But at the same time, you could buy a condo in SoCal.

But now I wanna question if I really wanna work hard to make tons of money just for the sole purpose of owning a Lamborghini or any exotic. Because now I know I can rent a Huracan for $300 for 2 hours so I have already driven one before. Which saved me the trouble and time I would have had to go through to make a few million bucks to own one.

Sorry this is alot, but I am glad I rented it for 2 hours for only $300. Now if I ever make enough to buy one, I know if I truly want one rather than let my fantasy to get in the way of my decision making. Or I can just keep renting it a few times a year and never have to drop a few hundred thousand dollars for one car.
    HAHA..This is too funny...How many mile they let you drive for $300 ????

Remember you only live once. Owning and Renting are different story

Thank you for sharing with us your masturbating thoughts.
    Like other have said, go back to work. And work hard, one day it may happen.

sounds like these idiots who want the car, like the car but cannot afford the car so they make up stories to justify why they don't have the car.

You know, back in the Jr. High School days when a guy liked a girl or vice-versa and the other party didn't reciprocate. The rejected one would then talk bad about that person.
    Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

This is the ranting of someone with a juvenile perspective of supercars, not a mature owners perspective. I'm not surprised by it, but it is not why I own the cars I do. And as for finances, if a prospective buyer needs to really think hard about budgeting, scraping by, etc, then buying a supercar may not be the best idea.

MBG
    Stay in school kids!

2012 McLaren MP4-12C, Standard Blue, color matched HRE S204's
    2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante 640-4, "Orion Nebula", FI Exhaust #001, custom calipers, plenums, etc.
    Previous: 2015 Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, Bianco Icarus / Nero Ade / Rosso Alala, FI Exhaust
    2016 Infiniti QX80, a.k.a. "Tankamus" - will run over the McL or Lambo

Instagram: MBGCars

Interesting read ,,,I see your point totally,,but here's the thing ask yourself deep in your heart is this car something you want to have in your garage? I'm willing to bet YES. Most people here made money to own one of these because they really want to have it so a lot of it is lifestyle or trophy for their success. In my case it is part life style part the love of Lamborghini and it's worth EVERY PENNY. Also you seem to forget that we live in America and taxes is a major major reason why most people get these cars. This is my 3rd exotic and I write them ALL off or I could buy them but most of my decisions comes down to business/tax decisions type thing. I will share with you something tho that's interesting I live in Las Vegas and I took my H for a spin on the Vegas Strip after say 3 different times it got old very quick and I asked myself this question "How many thumbs up or looks and stares do I need to lift my ego? So I will not be taking her on the strip anymore unless it's a business meeting or something,,the point is I am in it for the performance of the vehicle and that is the pure fun of owning these cars NOT driving around trying to get attention. Listen to most of these people here and pay attention,,most people here been where you are at now and believe me there's NO SHORTCUTS in life. By the way renting the car for $300 for couple hours that's for midgets dude....Go buy one and you'll see it's ALOT different with owner experience vs. Renter .To all my H owners here I salute you!

Happy 4th of July!

Quote Originally Posted by Its_a_lambo View Post
    Interesting read ,,,I see your point totally,,but here's the thing ask yourself deep in your heart is this car something you want to have in your garage? I'm willing to bet YES. Most people here made money to own one of these because they really want to have it so a lot of it is lifestyle or trophy for their success. In my case it is part life style part the love of Lamborghini and it's worth EVERY PENNY. Also you seem to forget that we live in America and taxes is a major major reason why most people get these cars. This is my 3rd exotic and I write them ALL off or I could buy them but most of my decisions comes down to business/tax decisions type thing. I will share with you something tho that's interesting I live in Las Vegas and I took my H for a spin on the Vegas Strip after say 3 different times it got old very quick and I asked myself this question "How many thumbs up or looks and stares do I need to lift my ego? So I will not be taking her on the strip anymore unless it's a business meeting or something,,the point is I am in it for the performance of the vehicle and that is the pure fun of owning these cars NOT driving around trying to get attention. Listen to most of these people here and pay attention,,most people here been where you are at now and believe me there's NO SHORTCUTS in life. By the way renting the car for $300 for couple hours that's for midgets dude....Go buy one and you'll see it's ALOT different with owner experience vs. Renter .To all my H owners here I salute you!

Happy 4th of July!
    Gents, you a way too emotional about Lambos. It's just a car, most beautiful car amongst others, but just a car.

When you own it, it might just be a car to you. I remember when I was in the decision process to buy my bull, I watched hundreds of video clips of lamborghini on YouTube, that was all I could think about. Pathetic wasn,t it?