Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    580-2 and driving fun
    Quote Originally Posted by roc View Post
    Hi guys Roc from down under. Ive been watching this thread pretty amused thought id throw my2c in! Had the 2006 520 SE Gallardo, the 2012 LP550, the 2015 LP610 and sold it just last week and have purchased a 2016 LP580 to arrive mid April. Why you might ask, simply because I love all of them, and want to try all the variants. The 610 was incredible & the best car so far. The double clutch transformed the Huracan. But it does have a lot of manufactured understeer. Im just an average Joe when it comes to driving but I do enjoy driver engagement. The LP550 was pretty exciting but the single clutch let it down. I always said the 550 would be good with a double clutch. So I reckon the LP580 will be pretty impressive and a whole lotta fun.

Because Im the "poor man's lambo" now, I specced the LP580 with Nero Selene Metallic, Mimas 20 Gloss Black, Yellow Carbon Ceramics and full Alcantara interior & Steering wheel with yellow stitch, Reverse Sensors & Camera & Nav, Style & Branding package. Should look pretty stealthy. Ill wait and see? Getting built right now and trying to get a photo on the assembly line? Cost just as much as a 610 believe me.

Even though the 610 did understeer, still was able to throw her around a track and get it sideways a couple of times. Couple of photos below forgive the quality. SeeyaAttachment 2860Attachment 2861Attachment 2862Attachment 2863
    Nero Selene is an ad personam color? Or it was introduced for the LP580. I haven't heard of it on LP610.

Many of the 580's that I have seen are loaded similar to 610 specs, e.g. 20" wheels, carbon brakes, alcantara, etc. When they are built this way it is more challenging to see a difference inside. One thing that caught my attention is the power seat...there is clearly at least one less buttom on the 580. Possibly they have removed the bolster feature, not sure but there is something not there. Could be more interior bits when compared stock to stock however most I have seen come loaded with options. I do find it very interesting they do not put a "LP580-2" badge on the car?!?

IMHO, they have gone a few steps too far externally, especially in the front. No offense to the many who will purchase this car, after all everything is subjective, but for me it is not as smooth, e.g. doesn't flow like the 610. Hard to describe, it is just something I see.

I realize the price point is significant when compared to the 610, and therefore they took that approach. But, when they did so with the 560 to 550 it was much more subtle and IMHO they never took away the core look. I suppose there is much more in store and like in the past many more iterations to follow with custom bits and paint.

Cheers!