Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    580-2 and driving fun
    If one is going to buy a Lamborghini Huracan,why buy the Poor Mans /Cheapest Model. Besides,who wants a 250,000.00 cars that slides around the road.AWD Lambos and Porsches Turbos/911 or 918s are the safest and best ways to put the power down....Period...

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    If one is going to buy a Lamborghini Huracan,why buy the Poor Mans /Cheapest Model. Besides,who wants a 250,000.00 cars that slides around the road.AWD Lambos and Porsches Turbos/911 or 918s are the safest and best ways to put the power down....Period...
    What he said. But careful... Hurricane may say you care too much about $ ;-). Not only are your words above true but I also mentioned I enjoy the all-conquering and invincible nature of awd.
    15' Huracan, Brixton Forged, Fabspeed exhaust, Novitec springs
    68' Charger w/Big Block Stroker
    17' Land Cruiser - lifted & wrapped
    04' 911 Turbo X50 Cab16' BMW R9T

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    I respect your opinion, however I take exception to your view about people purchasing the 580 because they can't afford the 610.
    I for one can afford the 610, but chose the 580 because I like the sense of excitement and thrill that comes with driving a rear wheel drive car. I would have gladly paid more!

I also prefer the steering and slight design changes like the front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by redheat View Post
    I respect your opinion, however I take exception to your view about people purchasing the 580 because they can't afford the 610.
    I for one can afford the 610, but chose the 580 because I like the sense of excitement and thrill that comes with driving a rear wheel drive car. I would have gladly paid more!

I also prefer the steering and slight design changes like the front bumper.
    I would agree 100%. I did not decide on the 580 because it is the 'affordable' model. The 580 I specced came with a price tag quite close to the 610 territory. The only reason I stuck to the 580 was for the steering feel and playful cornering nature thanks to RWD. Even if this model's price matched the 610, I would still pick the 580.

Interesting perspectives in here for sure.

There are definitely pros and cons to rwd/awd and as to which one is better can really only come down to the driver.

I prefer rwd because you can drift and slide all the time, modulate the throttle under full acceleration vs just pushing it through the floor etc. With that being said I think most of us would all be faster on a track in the 610 at least until it over heats. Both cars have their merits.

I was really excited for the 580 and lost some of that excitement upon seeing it in person. There are things that if you have a 610 will blatantly look cheap to you. For example the beautiful metal rear grill we have on the 610 is plastic and multiple pieces on the 580 and they don't match up perfectly. The metal brakes while preferable on some fronts (regular track use) look small and cheap. Not loving the front end or the degree to which the radiators are exposed...just wait till they have 5000 miles worth of rock chips, road grime, and bugs on them. Wheels...meh.

Either way both cars have a naturally aspirated v10

RSC is spot on with above..Not saying that a 580 is a bad car,but if you are going to buy a Lamborghini,buy the faster safest model.Sideways /drifting in a 580 hp will get ya killed.Ha d to may close calls in my previous Z06,ZR1s and 4 Vipers.After I drove and bought my first 2011 Porsche 991/991 Turbo S and ran a 10.70 @129 in a brand new car,I was hooked on AWL,of course ,it was not long after that that this Dude came to the track with this brand new Huracan,and ran a 10.50 @132 ,next day went and bought me a new H.

I agree on the cheap bits. If you know the 610 you see them absolutely. So much plastic on the interior as well. That being said this car is not tail happy at all. You would be hard pressed with traction on (no pun intended) to flip the rear end out. Of course it's possible but the car feels more crisp and much lighter. Great driving car for sure and the power is negligible if not noticeable at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys Roc from down under. Ive been watching this thread pretty amused thought id throw my2c in! Had the 2006 520 SE Gallardo, the 2012 LP550, the 2015 LP610 and sold it just last week and have purchased a 2016 LP580 to arrive mid April. Why you might ask, simply because I love all of them, and want to try all the variants. The 610 was incredible & the best car so far. The double clutch transformed the Huracan. But it does have a lot of manufactured understeer. Im just an average Joe when it comes to driving but I do enjoy driver engagement. The LP550 was pretty exciting but the single clutch let it down. I always said the 550 would be good with a double clutch. So I reckon the LP580 will be pretty impressive and a whole lotta fun.

Because Im the "poor man's lambo" now, I specced the LP580 with Nero Selene Metallic, Mimas 20 Gloss Black, Yellow Carbon Ceramics and full Alcantara interior & Steering wheel with yellow stitch, Reverse Sensors & Camera & Nav, Style & Branding package. Should look pretty stealthy. Ill wait and see? Getting built right now and trying to get a photo on the assembly line? Cost just as much as a 610 believe me.

Even though the 610 did understeer, still was able to throw her around a track and get it sideways a couple of times. Couple of photos below forgive the quality. Seeya580-2 and driving fun-2-np-jpg580-2 and driving fun-3-np-jpg580-2 and driving fun-fullsizerender-jpg580-2 and driving fun-fullsizerender2-jpg

oh a couple more580-2 and driving fun-5-np-jpg580-2 and driving fun-6-np-jpg580-2 and driving fun-jklyu-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 1016IND View Post
    I agree on the cheap bits. If you know the 610 you see them absolutely. So much plastic on the interior as well. That being said this car is not tail happy at all. You would be hard pressed with traction on (no pun intended) to flip the rear end out. Of course it's possible but the car feels more crisp and much lighter. Great driving car for sure and the power is negligible if not noticeable at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was not aware that the interiors are different between the models. Can you please provide more info on the differences/plastic bits that you mentioned. Thanks!