Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sant'Agata Claus arrived this Christmas!

Sant'Agata Claus arrived this Christmas!
    So, recently, I reluctantly sold my 2009 LP560. It was my first Lamborghini, my first exotic. It was an absolutely fantastic car, and it was tough to let go.
    Having decided that I would avoid buying new, thus letting someone else take the initial depreciation hit, I settled into the mindset of not expecting to have a fun car this coming summer, maybe even next! (It took me 18 months of looking, before I bought my LP560 - I MIGHT have been a little specific with my wants, hahaha). Thankfully, I sold my baby to a great guy - a friend of a friend, and I know it will be looked after extremely well.

I had been in contact with Miguel at Lamborghini Calgary, and asked him to keep an eye out for a black-on-black Huracán, preferably with no yellow/green/orange (my ideal spec was black on black, with black callipers, white or grey stitching, no Dynamic steering, magneto rheological suspension, sports exhaust). Miguel (who, I must add, is an AMAZING guy, as are all of the staff at Lamborghini Calgary!) came back to me with first a demo car of theirs, which I declined, as it had a LOT of yellow in the interior (I am pretty conservative, haha), and then another, which was Grigio Lynx, with the saddle brown interior - I really do think Grigio Lynx is beautiful, but it's not for me.

Fast forward to this past December - apparently, Lamborghini Calgary had a late-model 2015 in their stock, which they sold to someone in Vancouver, through their sister dealership. The car was shipped out to Vancouver, whereupon the buyer reneged. It was offered to me, and we struck a fantastic deal!!!

The car is perfect spec for me. Nero Helene, Nero Ade interior. At first, I was unsure about the orange calipers and stitching, but now, I love it!!

Full specs:

PD1 - Transparent Engine Bonnet w/ Carbon Forged Engine Bay
    PH2 - Sport Exhaust System w/ Style Package
    C3E - Rims Mimas Forged 20inch Silver
    PC3 - Orange Painted Brake Calipers
    PZ3 - Lifting System and Magneto Rheological Suspension
    PA1 - Navigation System
    WV0 - Full Electric Adjustable and Heated Seats
    PL0 - Front and Rear Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera
    4M3 - Cup Holder
    YCS - Coloured Stitching for Unicolor Interiors
    NR1 - Branding Package
    YAO - Rooflining and A-Pillars in Alcantara

I was VERY glad to see that as it is a late-2015 model, I managed to get some of the updates - matte black air vents, car cover (although I believe Lamborghini Calgary gave me this of their own accord), owners manual pouch, Homelink (I can't believe Homelink wasn't standard from the word go on this (or virtually any) car???)

So, a deal was struck, and the car was delivered on New Year's Day I am absolutely thrilled with it. The only problem is that it is winter here, of course, and as such, the car goes straight up on the lift, and will be stored for the next few months, until driving season arrives. How I will be able to stand waiting, is beyond me!!! My wife and I had a whole bunch of the guys that I drive with over to introduce the new car last night - they thought they were just coming for coffee, and (most of them) had no clue about it!

So, apologies for my extended dissertation. Here are some pics!

Thanks for reading! As I have said before, we are very fortunate for having the opportunity, means, and inclination to own such cars. That I was lucky enough to meet up with the guys and girls that I drive with, now regularly, is the best part of ownership.

I must add - Lamborghini Calgary were, and are, WONDERFUL to work with - not just in the purchasing process, but also, simply interacting with from the time I walked into the dealership. I have thus far met Miguel, Michael, Jarrod in service, Lauren, and knew Richard from before. All phenomenal people - I can't recommend them and their dealership enough!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Enjoy the car, eh!

Congrat ttbear! Finally here and she is beautiful

Congrats! It looks stunning. I remember your other posts saying that you wanted a blk on blk car but i guess a bit of color from the orange calipers is good.
    Do you want to paint the wheels blk or you want to get an aftermarket set of blk wheels?
    Also it has the standard exhaust, correct?

Congratulations! I like the subtle interior, very easy to maintain too.
    Let us know the first driving impressions and a comparison to the LP560.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Huracan LP610-4 Underground Racing Twin Turbo
    Past:
    2012 McLaren MP4-12C Vorsteriner
    2005 Lamborghini Gallardo Underground Racing Twin Turbo
    2009 Nissan GT-R HKS GT800

Beautiful. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by EVILR View Post
    Congrat ttbear! Finally here and she is beautiful
    Hahahaha - thanks Seb. It's funny - you're not even in the same country, and yet you were one of the first to know of its existence

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Congrats! It looks stunning. I remember your other posts saying that you wanted a blk on blk car but i guess a bit of color from the orange calipers is good.
    Do you want to paint the wheels blk or you want to get an aftermarket set of blk wheels?
    Also it has the standard exhaust, correct?
    Thanks, all!

I am so far thrilled with the car, not so thrilled with the prospect of having to wait for at least three months to actually drive it.

Sorry - I forgot one line in the specs list - it does have the factory Sports exhaust/branding package (I have corrected my initial post to reflect this).

Driving impressions? Well, very few, as the sum total of my driving has been from the car transporter to our garage, then to the gas station to top off the tank for long-term storage (the gas station is all of two blocks away from our house ). From what I can gather thus far, comparing it to my beloved LP560, the steering is MUCH lighter - almost to the extent that I am wondering how much feedback there will be - this WAS on hard-packed snow, however. I couldn't find out anywhere, whether the power steering is hydraulic, or electric? I am assuming electric, as it really was SO light. I hope that when it comes to summer driving, there is much better weight and feedback.
    The clutch take-up is AMAZING! The LP560 was streets ahead of the pre-LP clutch, and was actually very good, (contrary to what many people moan about, the LP was actually very good!). I never got out of second gear, but it seems like the gear changes will be very smooth.... perhaps too smooth. The one thing I did like about the LP was that especially in Corsa mode, redline shifts were VIOLENT. This is what a Lambo should be about - or this is what I thought a Lambo should be all about, and this leads me to my one potential concern for the Huracán - that it might be TOO civilized. I loved the raw nature of the LP, but onwards and upwards - I shall reserve judgement until I have had a chance to drive the H in anger, haha.
    The Sports Exhaust is perfect, for me. Great volume, and not obnoxious at all. I feel that the Race Exhaust would be too much for me - the Sports Exhaust is loud when I want it to be, and I love the lift-throttle pops and crackles!!! I think that once I get to go hard with the car, the exhaust is going to sound something like what I would think a pending Apocalypse would be like, haha.

Hurricane, I am not a huge fan of black wheels on black cars (black wheels on GREY cars is another matter - LOVE that look), but I really like the 2016 Mimas wheels that are available in a titanium finish. I think I might look into getting these silver wheels redone in titanium. I like the style and weight of these wheels just fine, and will likely not go with aftermarket ones.

Thanks again everyone. I will update my thoughts regarding the car, once spring arrives - which, while only a few months away, is going to seems like EONS, now.......

Have a great weekend, everyone.

I also like the sport exhaust, in my opinion its how the standard exhaust should be like.
    The standard exhaust has a mechanical note to it, so not suited for a sport car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I also like the sport exhaust, in my opinion its how the standard exhaust should be like.
    The standard exhaust has a mechanical note to it, so not suited for a sport car.
    I agree - the difference between regular exhaust and sports exhaust is significant, and the sports exhaust suits my tastes, just perfectly!