Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Question for someone who didn't get the rear window
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Except the fact that is covered by warranty there is other benefit of choosing the race exhaust over an aftermarket system, that is much cheaper btw?
    True the warranty is there with the race exhaust, but I still think the sport exhaust is the best middle ground for sound and price point.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    True the warranty is there with the race exhaust, but I still think the sport exhaust is the best middle ground for sound and price point.
    So except factory warranty there isn't a huge advantage. Interesting.

Race sounds amazing though, also switchable so don't always have to have it loud

I ordered the transparent bonnet for my H. Because my current R8 has it as a standard option, Personally, I just think it is so cool to look at the V10 engine bay, so drawn to the engine! they are just different aesthetics of buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    Seems like every build I've seen has the rear window option. For those that opted to go with the included rear, is there any protection from the inside of the car and the rear openings? With the window option you have the window that protects the interior and the little slits next to the windows don't let anything in really. However with the standard rear, the slit openings are long and big so I was wondering if there is a glass piece or anything protecting the interior from the elements or if everything is exposed. It'd be a pain in the butt I imagine if the slits allow the interior to be exposed since bugs, debris, rain, etc could easily make their way into the interior through the large openings.

On a positive note, I'm guessing you hear the exhaust more if there is no barrier

This the standard rear I am talking about:

Attachment 942
    LOL. I guess you've never seen a rear/mid engine car. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Better red than orange if you ask me
    I disagree. Red calipers are SOOOO 80's

gotta have full race exhaust, ......fully switchable and when on full bore sounds fantastic! all or nothing imo

Quote Originally Posted by goldencrust View Post
    gotta have full race exhaust, ......fully switchable and when on full bore sounds fantastic! all or nothing imo
    Mine is scheduled to arrive this Friday, was meant to be 18th so only couple of days. Engine bay and race exhaust will be fitted next week and getting dropped to my house on 28th, Sunday morning wake up and go for a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Mine is scheduled to arrive this Friday, was meant to be 18th so only couple of days. Engine bay and race exhaust will be fitted next week and getting dropped to my house on 28th, Sunday morning wake up and go for a blast!
    Congrats! It is gonna be a blast !! How long did you have to wait for the delivery? Mine is still 3 to 4 months away! Damn

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    Congrats! It is gonna be a blast !! How long did you have to wait for the delivery? Mine is still 3 to 4 months away! Damn
    Confirmed my spec In October, however England is only 4-5 days shipping time! I could've had one of the first cars in September but wanted to wait for the first batches to be out the way with