Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dynamic Steering!!  Aye or Nay?
    not needed......lets be honest in a car of this calibre the standard setup aint gonna be bad.......its that damn option sheet..........ive ticked the heated and electric seat option......as people say a car like this should have it!!! ive never had electric seats and heating in any of rs's and only drive it in good weather and once my seat is fixed job done!! but its a case should I, resale etc...........but I don't think the electric steering would be a deal breaker if the car looks the part.....spend the cash elsewhere imo

What you know: It’s got an optional variable-ratio steering rack. What you didn’t know: It’s electric steering, and it’s designed to alter the ratio with the performance. Below 31 mph, the steering will be quicker and more direct to make a sharp corner, which will make it easier to get in your garage. Above 62 mph, the steering will become slower, requiring more steering input for sharper turns in order to increase high-speed stability. The variable-ratio system can also help control oversteer by making “tiny, targeted countersteering impulses.”

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/features/m...#ixzz3PYTpqSJe

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    How so?? The front wheel angle isn't any greater. It may save you 1/4 turn of the steering wheel lock-to-lock while parking, but that's about all. Definitely doesn't "tighten up at high speed and make turning easier", actally has the opposite effect.. makes steering heavier at speed.
    i can tell you this from driving my car super hard and soft its a huge plus. and yes that heavy feel your talking about is more along the race car feel. when at higher speeds i like the feel as is does make the car feel more responsive. but being in race cars alot as well i'm used to that feeling and i like it. i wouldn't want the car to be to easy to turn at higher speeds. i love how if i wanna chill on freeway etc i can throw into strada and the car drives effortlessly. and then when i wanna drive hard i can throw it into corsa and get exactly what i want out of it.

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com