Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scuffed my wheel on the weekend...

Scuffed my wheel on the weekend...
    So pretty embarrassing - I was trying to park on the street this weekend for fleet week in SF and was a little too aggressive in pulling up to the gutter and managed to scuff my wheel :'( I'm going to go have it fixed tomorrow, seems like it'll run me about $150 or so. Just want to see if anyone has an idea for how good a job I should expect here - and should I be looking at eventually getting the rim replaced? It was a fairly low speed scratch, to my eye it seems like just surface damage, although a little of the rubber from tire sidewall also came off.

Scuffed my wheel on the weekend...-1476052928857-jpg

This doesn't look too bad. Also the paint is not difficult. I see no need for replacing rim or tire.

Two weeks ago I scratched the whole front wheel on a curb with high speed. Also the rear wheel got scratched but much less. They had to add some alumium and then machine and paint the front wheel. Cost for both was 1000+ in the end But job was perfectly done.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Its not really that bad, i would call this a minor scratch. Just fix it.

That's too bad. I did the same thing a few months ago on my M3 and couldn't believe it.

That doesn't look too bad a competent wheel repair company should be able to fix that no problem.

Thanks guys - Robby, makes me feel a bit better to know someone else has done worse than me (sorry!). It's in the shop now and the guy seemed pretty confident they'd be able to do a good job. I really need to work on my parking ability...haha.

A pic of mine ... just to make you feel even better The repair was $700 for the front wheel and $400 for the rear (including removal and all other work). They had to strip down the paint and build up some aluminum on three spokes as well as at the bed. Then they turned them down and reworked the spokes by hand. Finally they repainted them with orignial Lambo paint. The job has been done absolutely perfect. They look better than new as the original ones on the left side still have some scratches from a machine wash !

Scuffed my wheel on the weekend...-20160925_173839-jpg

Wow that's rough! I got mine back from the shop yesterday, they did an amazing job (granted the scratches weren't too bad). I couldn't even tell where it was, glad to have my baby back in top condition

Did the mechanic have to take off the wheel?

On mine with the heavy damages they had to remove the wheel and the tire as turnign was necessary. The rear had a only a larger scuff. Removing the wheel was necessary as well but not the tire.

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    Did the mechanic have to take off the wheel?
    For mine, no they didn't.