Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why did you pick the Huracan?

Why did you pick the Huracan?
    Curious to know what was the deciding factor that resulted in you picking the huracan. At the same price point 250-300k there are a some good contenders like the 650s or 458 spider (albeit old now).

• What do you love the most about the Huracan?
    • What other cars did you consider?
    • How long do you plan to keep the huracan, and what would your next move be?
    • Is there anything you would advise a prospective buyer? (coming in from the Ferrari world)
    • Is there any change or spec you wish you have opted for?

Why did I pick the Huracan?
    Simple, I was too cheap to buy Agera.

I had 2 V10 R8s before

I was going for the 458... but when i test drove it, the steering felt light and didnt feel as solidly planted as the R8

So i continued looking - until i saw the Huracan in the show room

Much more of a striking car... interior way better and when i drove it.. it drives like a dream... you feel much more in control than a rear wheel drive ferrari

Man...I do agree with your answer....simply my favorite car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Why did I pick the Huracan?
    Simple, I was too cheap to buy Agera.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's

And now answering OP questions:
    •What do you love the most about the Huracan? The way it looks, the visceral acceleration and most important the sound of the engine...nothing like it.
    •What other cars did you consider? I traded in my 2015 GT3 and considered the 458, still waitlisted for a 488 but frankly I was not that big on the 458 I drove, though it looks great.
    •How long do you plan to keep the huracan, and what would your next move be? Debating that...I may keep it until I get my mission E but if I get a 911R I may trade in then. Frankly, my son always wants to go for a drive with me in the car and I will keep it as long as he wants to spend time with the old man.
    •Is there anything you would advise a prospective buyer? (coming in from the Ferrari world) I will never get used to the attention...but that is cause I have been a Porsche guy my whole life.
    •Is there any change or spec you wish you have opted for? A lane change soft touch blinker. Better user interface....
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's

Quote Originally Posted by leviathanchannel View Post
    Curious to know what was the deciding factor that resulted in you picking the huracan. At the same price point 250-300k there are a some good contenders like the 650s or 458 spider (albeit old now).

• What do you love the most about the Huracan?
    • What other cars did you consider?
    • How long do you plan to keep the huracan, and what would your next move be?
    • Is there anything you would advise a prospective buyer? (coming in from the Ferrari world)
    • Is there any change or spec you wish you have opted for?

Well I could go on & on but I'll try to keep mine shorter hah.

I have had plenty of amazing looking cars including some other supercars but...could have had a old gallardo or something long ago but always passed it up because the design & interior & build was just so out dated & I always told myself wait to see what lambo comes with next maybe it will be crazy. The aventador came & blew me away but the cost was more than i'd like to spend on any car really. The the H came & wow....I mean...wow.

The design is so mean & insane, the technology is to date & so cool, the drive feel & sound is like sex. And don't get me started on the fighter jet inspired design & start button haha. I love it. Yeah its expensive as hell but for that price you can get INSANE speed & 0-60 ++ times with & without launch. If you want you can go into strada mode & drive downtown in heavy traffic & not feel crazy jerky or anything your just cruising along.

This got kids of long lol...well period its amazing.

I was thinking maybe a 650, 458, new 570 or used aventador as I have seen a few go as low as 290 2012 models. But no...the more I looked into the H the more I fell for it. The FIRST time I ever really got to see one in person was when picking mine up. Never test drove one never nothing...didnt need to. I bank wired the money..drove down & drove it back home happy as hell.
    "Go look at yourself in the mirror & say "I'm going to win, I'm going to do this & no one will stop me...Not even you" #GrindOrDie

2015 Verde Mantis Huracan LP610 "Kryptonite"
    2014 BMW i8 "The DeathStar"

Quote Originally Posted by Hitz101 View Post
    I was thinking maybe a 650, 458, new 570 or used aventador as I have seen a few go as low as 290 2012 models. But no...the more I looked into the H the more I fell for it. The FIRST time I ever really got to see one in person was when picking mine up. Never test drove one never nothing...didnt need to. I bank wired the money..drove down & drove it back home happy as hell.
    Thanks for all the feedback! Surprisingly there are not that many similar cars to choose from at this price range. From 100-200 you have options like the F-Type, Gallardo, Vantage, F430, R8, Gran Turismo, M4, 12c coupe, 911s etc.

At the 200-300 mark there are just a few option 12c spider, 458 hardtop, 650s, Huracan.

I am seeing 650s prices so close to the Huracan prices, and the idea of having a convertible fairly versatile car is appealing. The 650s seems to have maintained value fairly well or are just over priced. But my concern is, to be honest, depreciation on the Huracan. Given how many models are coming out from the RWD, Spider, Supperleggera etc, I just dont want a 280 car to be worth 200 in a matter of 8 months. I understand no one has a crystal ball, and 650s prices could tank when the p14 announcements are made. But rumor has it, those will be priced close to the 400-500 mark. So wouldnt really impact 650s prices that much.

I love the way the Huracan looks from the interior, and from an exterior perspective, it to me (sorry) looks just to much of a refreshed gallardo. Let's see where I end up.

Because I was at the race track in my 991 Turbo S and a Dude in a brand new Huracan drove away from me like I was standing still.(Bought H next Day)Actually,just put H in the garage after zooming around in it today.What a Fantastic Machine/Had a Blast....I have had most of the best and can have any one i want,but I have no desire to get anything else.Very Rare for me...

I was VERY torn between H and 650s spider. Having owned 3 NSX I loved the minimalist epitome of engineering philosophy of McLaren. And it felt great to drive. But the sound - while nice is no match for Huracan. Then the interior had this toupee type thing at top of the instrument cluster that squeaked like styrofoam at times.

From a styling perspective the 650 looks more blunted compared to the chiseled H - albeit the 650 thusly looks more organic. The 458 looks great and sounds great. But H is way faster and feels it, dare I say even sounds better cause I like some base with my high shreek!

So the H wins for looks, sound, feel, technology and of course being Italian!
    15' Huracan, Brixton Forged, Fabspeed exhaust, Novitec springs
    68' Charger w/Big Block Stroker
    17' Land Cruiser - lifted & wrapped
    04' 911 Turbo X50 Cab16' BMW R9T

Quote Originally Posted by leviathanchannel View Post
    ...and from an exterior perspective, it to me (sorry) looks just to much of a refreshed gallardo. Let's see where I end up.
    What? Let me rephrase it, What???