Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 458 to Huracan

458 to Huracan

458 to Huracan
    Hi People,

Very new to the forum! I could use some advice from anyone who has been in a similar position or has advice on the matter. I have recently sold my 12 plate 458 Italia and would want to move onto a Huracan. Has anyone made this move and can give me there thoughts on the transition.

Appreciate your time.

Oli

Quote Originally Posted by 7os View Post
    Hi People,

Very new to the forum! I could use some advice from anyone who has been in a similar position or has advice on the matter. I have recently sold my 12 plate 458 Italia and would want to move onto a Huracan. Has anyone made this move and can give me there thoughts on the transition.

Appreciate your time.

Oli
    I've been racing my whole life and especially Ferrari and Porsche. I have spent quite a bit of time with Lamborghini with all of our product development and they really are completely different cars. First of all you will have AWD vs RWD as a major change. The 458 gearbox is much better in terms of being more smooth. The Lamborghini is just overall a more raw car. I've had plenty of people ask about a comparison and it's difficult to make one. I love both brands but I would say that the technology in the 458 is better in terms of performance management and overall delivery. It is always going to be a preference but with a lot of seat time in both I would take a 458 over a Huracan and a Speciale for sure. We just got our 488 and its out of this world.

i drove the 458 and hated it. The RWD feels light when booting the power

Huracan is amazing - 4WD is solid.

Plus the 458 is lagging behind on Tech imo & feels bit vague inside. Doesnt have Digi Display like Hurri does

Quote Originally Posted by richardw331 View Post

Plus the 458 is lagging behind on Tech imo & feels bit vague inside. Doesnt have Digi Display like Hurri does
    I double that.

Quote Originally Posted by richardw331 View Post

Few of my friends have the 458, drove them, drove one particularly hard. I'm an aggressive driver and have been racing everything from dirt bikes to Ducati's to supercars to street racing. Strictly my preference; I didn't feel in control of the 458 as much as the Huracan. As said preciously, solid and builds confidence. For some the Huracan may be too much car that they're afraid of pushing. I've pushed it to the edge, it's never disappointed 458 to Huracan458 to Huracan458 to Huracan Best of luck 458 to Huracan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for you responses. Very interesting hearing you thoughts. I owned the 458 for 18months (longest car Ive owned) and very much enjoyed it on track (briefly) and road. Although I am on a Huracan website, I cannot fault how good the 458 was to me. I was very close to buying the spider as an upgrade, but I am now in a position where I would like a change both in feeling and image.
    I have not yet drove a Huracan and have not had the opportunity to either. Due to my age, I bought the 458 before I test drove it and its likely I will have to do the same with the Huracan, so I am doing all the research I had done pre 458 purchase.

Anyone had any issues with their Huracan? Any packages you would suggest to have as an option.

Active Steering
    Nose lift
    Nav
    Dynamic dampening
    Appearance package
    Glass hatch.

The rest is up to you.

I have access to the dealer network and I can tell you there have been very very few updates to these cars, less than 16 to be exact so from that side they are very well done. Only 2 software revisions exist and that bodes well as well.

We are on Huracan number 3 and I'm honestly not very delicate with the cars on the track and we have had zeros issues. Very solid car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second that,
    I push the car hard, sometimes too hard.
    Zero problems., except one. My LED right rear marker was out few weeks after car delivery. Kind of unusual for LED, they suspected circuit board. Dealer replaced it, no issues since then.

It would not be fair to say that the 458 had problems, in fact i think it was the most reliable Ferrari so far. Still the Huracan compared to the 458 is "bulletproof", i guess this is a good part that germans contributed to the company.

Brilliant, thanks for the replies. Proving to be a good choice joining this forum!
    I'm hoping to get as many extras as possible with the money I have to spend. The other car I have been looking at is a 650s.
    Very different again, but I am not one to make quick purchases, so am covering all corners.
    Has anyone bought recently and managed to bag a deal? I am looking used and would like to know what can be bought for the money.