Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Is There a "MUST BUY" Price Point?
    Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    Full disclosure : I bought a dealer demo Huracan with 1250 miles (it was recently driven down to Monterey from Seattle and back).
    What exactly is the concern? So what if someone takes it to 100mph or faster...isn't that what these cars a built for?
    How's that different from buying any used sports car? Do you think the owners baby the cars that have 250 miles on them before they get sold?
    I have owned a few sports cars/exotics (as many on this forum likely have). All my cars (most bought with low to no miles) hit the track within a week of purchase, several the day after.
    They got flogged at the track and some ran as my daily drivers for over 30,000 miles without incident.
    I am not the only one that does this, I was just at the track a few weeks ago and a guy comes in with his brand spanking new 991 GT3RS, he had picked it up the afternoon before. He flogged it in the advanced run group.
    When I talked to him about it he did this with all his sports cars.
    It seems to me the fear of buying a demo car is unfounded and based on bias and emotion and not on any fact.
    Can someone provide an example of where the fact it was a demo car ended up being detrimental to ownership?
    Well said!
    Lex Gomez

Client Advisor
    Lamborghini Orlando
    Cell: 321-377-0350
    Office: 407-339-3443
    Fax: 407-834-4002
    lex.gomez@fieldsauto.com

http://instagram.com/lambo_lexx
    http://fieldsmotorcarsorlando.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wing View Post
    Great to read your post. I only buy new and will contact you in the future.
    Ok I will look forward to working with you.
    Lex Gomez

Client Advisor
    Lamborghini Orlando
    Cell: 321-377-0350
    Office: 407-339-3443
    Fax: 407-834-4002
    lex.gomez@fieldsauto.com

http://instagram.com/lambo_lexx
    http://fieldsmotorcarsorlando.com

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    I do not think their is a issue mechanically with tracking a new Porsche or Lambo after 100 or so miles.I have never had one.If one wants to save $$$$,a demo is ok with a warranty.But some,me included,never buy a used car,yes just a personal choice....
    I think some folks are born with sale/bargain sign in front of their eyes. It's a comfort zone, I don't even think it's a lack of money issue.
    My old neighbor used to say, never buy retail. They buried him in a discount casket.

There is a lot of FUD out there about to break in or not to break in. Today's cars are definitely more accurately put together and require less setting than older cars did. I can't say if they need it or not, my personal anecdotal evidence says it does not matter.
    One thing is for sure that has not changed, warm up your car properly before taking it up the revs. Make sure you warm up more than just the engine, in other words have it sit running idle in the garage is not sufficient. You need to get the transmission fluids warmed up and the cars joints moving before putting your foot in to it.
    Rest my case.
    Must admit, I didn't do that on a demo car. Did a warm up period for a minute or so only.
    You think my dealer had balls to say anything? On contrary, he said ... hit it!
    But ... I bought/committed to the car after that nice demo.

Maybe the car can take it, or not. I don't really care.
    I rather do my own break in period and not to save $20k or so on $300k car.
    But, it's your money, whatever makes you happy.

There is a lot of FUD out there about to break in or not to break in. Today's cars are definitely more accurately put together and require less setting than older cars did....
    'What's The Best Way To Break-In A New Engine ??
    The Short Answer: Run it Hard !
    Several factors make the older information on break-in obsolete.
    Nowadays, the piston ring seal is really what the break in process is all about. Contrary to popular belief, piston rings don't seal the combustion pressure by spring tension. Ring tension is necessary only to "scrape" the oil to prevent it from entering the combustion chamber. So, how do the rings seal against the tremendous combustion pressure ??
    From the actual gas pressure itself !!

There's a very small window of opportunity to get the rings to seal really well ... the first 20 miles !! '

This must be why Lamborghini's factory test drivers run the crap out of each car before it's final inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    'What's The Best Way To Break-In A New Engine ??
    The Short Answer: Run it Hard !
    Several factors make the older information on break-in obsolete.
    Nowadays, the piston ring seal is really what the break in process is all about. Contrary to popular belief, piston rings don't seal the combustion pressure by spring tension. Ring tension is necessary only to "scrape" the oil to prevent it from entering the combustion chamber. So, how do the rings seal against the tremendous combustion pressure ??
    From the actual gas pressure itself !!

There's a very small window of opportunity to get the rings to seal really well ... the first 20 miles !! '

This must be why Lamborghini's factory test drivers run the crap out of each car before it's final inspection.

yeah, my car arrived with 226Km on it. It must have been driven in Italy for testing. .

Ya,mine had 46 miles on it right off the ship and you could tell they were out running it...No issue with that,better they find the issues if their are any.I have run mine hard after 100 miles and it is perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    yeah, my car arrived with 226Km on it. It must have been driven in Italy for testing. .
    Dan,
    All the cars go for a blast on the roads around the factory, as a test.