Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Is There a "MUST BUY" Price Point?
    Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    Have to agree with Mark on this one. It's not just Lambo either. One of the sales guys took the demo 488 out and got well over 100 on the public road by the shop. Was he allowed to, no, but did he want to, yes. Buying used demo cars are never good. However, if it's a dealers personal demo car then that's different but a showroom demo car that is used for drives and what not is a no go in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know, I see all kinds of crazy stuff done at other dealers. 100 on a public city road is just insane and would land you in jail here in the little town in Florida that we are located in. I advertise these dealer demo's as "Dealer Demo's" because thats what they are, I could just not disclose that to the general public like most dealers across the country do but that would be deceptive in my books so I don't. If someone has bought a "Used" untitled Huracan from a dealer then they bought the dealer demo, but where told its a used car with miles.
    Lex Gomez

Client Advisor
    Lamborghini Orlando
    Cell: 321-377-0350
    Office: 407-339-3443
    Fax: 407-834-4002
    lex.gomez@fieldsauto.com

http://instagram.com/lambo_lexx
    http://fieldsmotorcarsorlando.com

Lamborghini Orlando very well could be a exception and that is good.But,most of us know the stealerships and how they treat their demos and their bottom line(lie if needed).I buy high end stuff all the time and I have always been able to run the car as hard as I want.A salesperson will not challenge this type of customer unless you get dangerous. You look to be a good dealer(LO),just they crew here will call BS when we hear it from dealers or parts people.
    I will be getting a Bentley Continental GT Sport 12 soon,may be I will give ya a shout out.Not a Demo....

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    Lamborghini Orlando very well could be a exception and that is good.But,most of us know the stealerships and how they treat their demos and their bottom line(lie if needed).I buy high end stuff all the time and I have always been able to run the car as hard as I want.A salesperson will not challenge this type of customer unless you get dangerous. You look to be a good dealer(LO),just they crew here will call BS when we hear it from dealers or parts people.
    I will be getting a Bentley Continental GT Sport 12 soon,may be I will give ya a shout out.Not a Demo....
    Fair enough, let me know and I will give you best deal possible up front without the haggling.
    Lex Gomez

Client Advisor
    Lamborghini Orlando
    Cell: 321-377-0350
    Office: 407-339-3443
    Fax: 407-834-4002
    lex.gomez@fieldsauto.com

http://instagram.com/lambo_lexx
    http://fieldsmotorcarsorlando.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo_lexx View Post
    Fair enough, let me know and I will give you best deal possible up front without the haggling.

Great to read your post. I only buy new and will contact you in the future.

Full disclosure : I bought a dealer demo Huracan with 1250 miles (it was recently driven down to Monterey from Seattle and back).
    What exactly is the concern? So what if someone takes it to 100mph or faster...isn't that what these cars a built for?
    How's that different from buying any used sports car? Do you think the owners baby the cars that have 250 miles on them before they get sold?
    I have owned a few sports cars/exotics (as many on this forum likely have). All my cars (most bought with low to no miles) hit the track within a week of purchase, several the day after.
    They got flogged at the track and some ran as my daily drivers for over 30,000 miles without incident.
    I am not the only one that does this, I was just at the track a few weeks ago and a guy comes in with his brand spanking new 991 GT3RS, he had picked it up the afternoon before. He flogged it in the advanced run group.
    When I talked to him about it he did this with all his sports cars.
    It seems to me the fear of buying a demo car is unfounded and based on bias and emotion and not on any fact.
    Can someone provide an example of where the fact it was a demo car ended up being detrimental to ownership?

I do not think their is a issue mechanically with tracking a new Porsche or Lambo after 100 or so miles.I have never had one.If one wants to save $$$$,a demo is ok with a warranty.But some,me included,never buy a used car,yes just a personal choice....

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    I do not think their is a issue mechanically with tracking a new Porsche or Lambo after 100 or so miles.I have never had one.If one wants to save $$$$,a demo is ok with a warranty.But some,me included,never buy a used car,yes just a personal choice....
    In theory modern cars no longer require brake in periods so yes, you could track it from day one of ownership. However its interesting that on Huracan only after 1000 kilometers the ECU fully unlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    In theory modern cars no longer require brake in periods so yes, you could track it from day one of ownership. However its interesting that on Huracan only after 1000 kilometers the ECU fully unlocks.

There is a lot of FUD out there about to break in or not to break in. Today's cars are definitely more accurately put together and require less setting than older cars did. I can't say if they need it or not, my personal anecdotal evidence says it does not matter.
    One thing is for sure that has not changed, warm up your car properly before taking it up the revs. Make sure you warm up more than just the engine, in other words have it sit running idle in the garage is not sufficient. You need to get the transmission fluids warmed up and the cars joints moving before putting your foot in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    One thing is for sure that has not changed, warm up your car properly before taking it up the revs. Make sure you warm up more than just the engine, in other words have it sit running idle in the garage is not sufficient. You need to get the transmission fluids warmed up and the cars joints moving before putting your foot in to it.
    AgreedIs There a "MUST BUY" Price Point?

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    There is a lot of FUD out there about to break in or not to break in. Today's cars are definitely more accurately put together and require less setting than older cars did. I can't say if they need it or not, my personal anecdotal evidence says it does not matter.
    yeah, that s why there is a rev limit of 6000 RPM when the engine is still cold.