Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Insurance?

What Insurance?

What Insurance?
    What insurance so you guys use? Our company is Safeco for house and all cars. Called to get a quote and rep said she didn't think they insured Lamborghini but would check! She then asked me what it's worth...

Never had issues with my 911 Tubos, Viper, NSX's etc. will I need a special insurance company?

It was a standard question. I am with state farm. Every time I insure a new car, my Insurance agent requires a copy of the bill of sale from me. They basically want to know the exact price (before tax and dealer charge) and VIN.

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    It was a standard question. I am with state farm. Every time I insure a new car, my Insurance agent requires a copy of the bill of sale from me. They basically want to know the exact price (before tax and dealer charge) and VIN.
    They request the same stuff here in Europe. You should always make it for 6 months, when you'll renew it, you'll pay less than the previous 6 months.

Sent from my 3rd iPhone 6 this year using Tapatalk

Ok. Good tips. They have always gotten VIN but this is first time they have asked the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoking View Post
    Ok. Good tips. They have always gotten VIN but this is first time they have asked the price.
    I Live in Texas as well, I use state farm.....I give them vin# and price.....never had problem....I only get liability and comprehensive with under insured coverage only.....$85 a month.....basically if I am at fault the its on me.....but I only drive 300 miles a year so I take the gamble full coverage should be 200- 250ish a month
    2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60 freak View Post
    I Live in Texas as well, I use state farm.....I give them vin# and price.....never had problem....I only get liability and comprehensive with under insured coverage only.....$85 a month.....basically if I am at fault the its on me.....but I only drive 300 miles a year so I take the gamble full coverage should be 200- 250ish a month
    So the full insurance that basically covers any risk (inclusive your fault) is just 250 per month in USA? For that amount here you would only be able to insure an A6...

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    So the full insurance that basically covers any risk (inclusive your fault) is just 250 per month in USA? For that amount here you would only be able to insure an A6...

250 USD sounds about right though. My coverage is around 300 Canadian Dollars monthly which is 250 USD right now. Because I dont live in an urban area. My friend who lives downtown Toronto, plus he is under 30, he pays 300 CAD monthly for his Audi Q7.

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    250 USD sounds about right though. My coverage is around 300 Canadian Dollars monthly which is 250 USD right now. Because I dont live in an urban area. My friend who lives downtown Toronto, plus he is under 30, he pays 300 CAD monthly for his Audi Q7.
    To add some spice to this thread i called my insurance agent today. For my CLS i pay 300 euros per month-full insurance, my fault included. For an H it would be 1700 euros per month.
    How much would your under 30, downtown Toronto living friend would pay insurance for an Huracan per month?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    To add some spice to this thread i called my insurance agent today. For my CLS i pay 300 euros per month-full insurance, my fault included. For an H it would be 1700 euros per month.
    How much would your under 30, downtown Toronto living friend would pay insurance for an Huracan per month?

It depends on his driving record. If he had a clean driving record and being older than 26 , declared his H as a low mileage vehicle, also he had a secure garage for storage. I would say the premium is about 500 CAD per month or less.
    1700 EURO per month is CRAZY!

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60 freak View Post
    Are you thinking that if you did not cause the accident (or other loss to your vehicle), you are still going to be made 'whole' for any physical loss?