Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clearplex Windshield Protection Film ?

Clearplex Windshield Protection Film ?
    Has anyone had experience with this product or used it for a while, thoughts? I saw someone mention in another thread. I was considering using it too, but not finding anyone familiar with it in the Chicago area.

Wow, no one??? MY clear bra guy is quoting $450 for it, Id like to get someone who has used it to give it their blessing

I'm interested as well on comments...
    2015 - 610-4 - NERO NOCTIS - SOLD

2016 - 580-2 - NERO NOCTIS - ON ORDER

Just got blessing from GT3 friend. Told my XPel guy to order and I will be the guinea pig...

I was in a test car with it, sure enough rock came up and hit the windshield. Seemed to do it's job, but did leave a mark on the film. The big but IMO is that the film is definitely noticable, wavy and distorted view through it. More so than regular window tint distortion. I think you have to offset the clearplex against window replacement insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    I was in a test car with it, sure enough rock came up and hit the windshield. Seemed to do it's job, but did leave a mark on the film. The big but IMO is that the film is definitely noticable, wavy and distorted view through it. More so than regular window tint distortion. I think you have to offset the clearplex against window replacement insurance.
    Shoot, thats what i was afraid of but friend made no comment on it being an issue. Also heard must be installed properly...wonder if improper install could cause it to be more noticeable. Thanks for the feedback...

I do think a lot depends on the installer. At first I thought the wavy was caued by the steep rake of the glass alone, but then was told the car had clearplex. I mean even then, it does provide some piece of mind, and can be removed. I'd like to know if they have tinted clearplex. Not too much tint, just a little would be nice. That front window is like a greenhouse.

That's what I had heard as well on distorted.

How much is a windshield for Huracan?

I have it on mine. No waviness... You do get a little refraction (slight double images) but you quickly get used to it. IMO, the protection is worth it. The case of replacement of windshield and the hassle that comes with it makes this simple investment worth it. Besides, you will complete avoid pitting from there tiny rocks not large enough to break the glass but enough to leave small pits that over time make for a terrible visibility so, my suggestion, get it!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
    I have it on mine. No waviness... You do get a little refraction (slight double images) but you quickly get used to it. IMO, the protection is worth it. The case of replacement of windshield and the hassle that comes with it makes this simple investment worth it. Besides, you will complete avoid pitting from there tiny rocks not large enough to break the glass but enough to leave small pits that over time make for a terrible visibility so, my suggestion, get it!
    Docta - is it something any experienced window tinter could install?