Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Clearplex Windshield Protection Film ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
    I have it on mine. No waviness... You do get a little refraction (slight double images) but you quickly get used to it. IMO, the protection is worth it. The case of replacement of windshield and the hassle that comes with it makes this simple investment worth it. Besides, you will complete avoid pitting from there tiny rocks not large enough to break the glass but enough to leave small pits that over time make for a terrible visibility so, my suggestion, get it!
    Thanks! this was exactly my thought process and expectations for this product. When I first got a Rover with the heated windshield, it drove me nuts, I was about to take the truck back...I got used to it very quickly. Hoping any anomalies from the Clearplex will disappear too

Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    Docta - is it something any experienced window tinter could install?
    Yes they should be able to do it. Just get an experienced and reputable one.

Hope you don't mind if I chime in here. I am the national distributor and Master Installer and trainer for ClearPlex. If installed properly you shouldn't really notice too much distortion or waviness. The big bonus that the film offers is that it carries a lifetime warranty (for as long as it is installed on the vehicle) in the US, meaning that in the event that you get a chip or crack in the windshield ClearPlex will pay up to $1500 to have your windshield replaced. BTW the Huracan windshield is $1800.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearPlexKen View Post
    Hope you don't mind if I chime in here. I am the national distributor and Master Installer and trainer for ClearPlex. If installed properly you shouldn't really notice too much distortion or waviness. The big bonus that the film offers is that it carries a lifetime warranty (for as long as it is installed on the vehicle) in the US, meaning that in the event that you get a chip or crack in the windshield ClearPlex will pay up to $1500 to have your windshield replaced. BTW the Huracan windshield is $1800.
    Sounds great. Here in Germany the average speed is much higher than in US, i would definately be interested. Tell me if you have a distributor in Germany? I hope Mr.H, forum admin, will allow this post.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Quote Originally Posted by ClearPlexKen View Post
    I just had it installed. It's pretty clear looking through, and gives me piece of mind.

But 2 things ClearPlex could do better:

(1) bigger sheets, as there's a seam down low under the wipers. Not noticable from inside, but still annoying knowing it's there.

(2) they had templates for the installers. I hate seeing the installer hacking away on my windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    I just had it installed. It's pretty clear looking through, and gives me piece of mind.

(1) bigger sheets, as there's a seam down low under the wipers. Not noticable from inside, but still annoying knowing it's there.

(2) they had templates for the installers. I hate seeing the installer hacking away on my windshield.
    Had mine installed a few weeks ago too and agree with your comments and suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post

I've got clearplex installed also on my Huracan. But, what "seam down low under the wipers" are you talking about???
    I just walked outside to check if I'm not delusional. Wipers do not belong to the windshield. Are we talking the same car?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    I've got clearplex installed also on my Huracan. But, what "seam down low under the wipers" are you talking about???
    I just walked outside to check if I'm not delusional. Wipers do not belong to the windshield. Are we talking the same car?
    I guess you don't fully comprehend then. I can't even bother explaining it. Maybe someone else will.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    The film does not cover edge to edge. you can see the edge all the way around, it's most noticeable at the lower portion of the windshield since their film is not wide\tall enough to cover top to bottom, it stops short. Its noticeable from the exterior but not inside.

The ClearPlex film comes in the following widths that the installers can order, 12", 24", 36", 48", 60" and 72". An experienced installer should use the right width of film to fit your vehicle. We do have pre-molded kits for over 300 vehicles. These kits come fit to the vehicle and make it unnecessary for installer to have to cut on the vehicle.

I hope this information helps and as always I am here for information.

ClearPlex Ken