Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lamborghini Huracan vs Audi RS7

I promised that i will make a thread about this so here it is.
    Couple a weeks ago i encounter in city traffic an Audi RS7 driven by an gentleman that liked to have a bit of fun.
    I did not knew any facts about the RS7 at that noment, i hust geard it was called the Panamera Turbo slayer.
    I was surprised to find out that from standstill and up to 100 kmh or 60 mph the RS7 it as fast as the Huracan, only after 100 kmh the H wins ground. Since we were in city the max was around 130 kmh or 80 mph. At first look i do not think it had any mods, seemed to be a stock car.
    When i'll change my A4 Allroad i know what i will get next!
    Curious to see if any of the members here own an RS7?
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

The upcoming AWD Jeep 'Hellcat' version is promised to be under 3 seconds to 60mph.
    Huracan may be spanked by a Jeep next ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    The upcoming AWD Jeep 'Hellcat' version is promised to be under 3 seconds to 60mph.
    Huracan may be spanked by a Jeep next ! lol
    There aren't too many anerican cars over here but its good to know.
    I also learned that the RS7 actually has a regular tranny, not a DCT as i initially thought.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

I had an RS7 tuned via GIAC--- it was very fast from a dig and from 30-160... there is no way a stock RS7 runs with an H and even a tuned RS7 will max trap 130.xx in the quarter. But these are in controlled environments; on the street anything can happen due to but not limited to: driver, conditions, reaction time, etc.

Yes the RS7 has the ZF8 tranny to endure that heavy tq load. Audi made this choice for this car and its S8. I actually have had two ZF trannys, one on the Jag F Type R and the RS7. To me, its arguably the best tq converting transmission out there. The shifts are fast and smooth but I only drove cars in Auto mode. I rarely used the paddles on these 2 cars because there was a reaction delay up and down the gears.

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2015 Mercedes Benz AMG GTS
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10
    2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by vic55 View Post
    I had an RS7 tuned via GIAC--- it was very fast from a dig and from 30-160... there is no way a stock RS7 runs with an H and even a tuned RS7 will max trap 130.xx in the quarter. But these are in controlled environments; on the street anything can happen due to but not limited to: driver, conditions, reaction time, etc.

Yes the RS7 has the ZF8 tranny to endure that heavy tq load. Audi made this choice for this car and its S8. I actually have had two ZF trannys, one on the Jag F Type R and the RS7. To me, its arguably the best tq converting transmission out there. The shifts are fast and smooth but I only drove cars in Auto mode. I rarely used the paddles on these 2 cars because there was a reaction delay up and down the gears.
    The ZF8 is probably the best non-DCT tranny available.
    With what car did you swapped your RS7, i presume it was your DD?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The ZF8 is probably the best non-DCT tranny available.
    With what car did you swapped your RS7, i presume it was your DD?
    For this DD
    Attached Images Attached Images Lamborghini Huracan vs Audi RS7-thumb_img_7236_1024-copy-jpg 

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10

For this DD
    Why not F12? To tell you a little public secret, thats the only Ferrari that i like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Why not F12? To tell you a little public secret, thats the only Ferrari that i like.
    I wanted 4 seats... I have had some F12 seat time though = amazing.

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10

For this DD
    Tell me more about your FF and AMG GT!! Considering trading my 599 HGTE for an FF, but have some issue with the looks still. Also considering the AMG GT, but a bit of a downgrade.

The FF is a great V12 4 seater with AWD. The car drives unbelievably easy for a 4k lb plus car. The steering is so precise on point and the OEM Ohlins are top tier suspension wise. The leather feel in the interior is absolutely plush.. but some of the electronics are dated like the Chrysler Nav system. Overall its a great car and there are deals to be had on used ones. The V12 song is amazing and I added a Capristo to enhance it further

I wouldn't call the AMG GTS a downgrade, just a car that costs less. The quality and looks are polarizing IMHO and the interior is tremendous. I love the amenities inside and the way the cockpit feels. The car drive impressively with the 53% rear weight bias and steering is equal to the FF. It emits a very aggressive roar with pops and burbles on overrun. You should drive it and let me know... its very fast too (not Huracan fast) but its respectful.

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10