Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lamborghini Huracan vs Audi RS7
    Quote Originally Posted by vic55 View Post
    For this DD
    Tell me more about your FF and AMG GT!! Considering trading my 599 HGTE for an FF, but have some issue with the looks still. Also considering the AMG GT, but a bit of a downgrade.

The FF is a great V12 4 seater with AWD. The car drives unbelievably easy for a 4k lb plus car. The steering is so precise on point and the OEM Ohlins are top tier suspension wise. The leather feel in the interior is absolutely plush.. but some of the electronics are dated like the Chrysler Nav system. Overall its a great car and there are deals to be had on used ones. The V12 song is amazing and I added a Capristo to enhance it further

I wouldn't call the AMG GTS a downgrade, just a car that costs less. The quality and looks are polarizing IMHO and the interior is tremendous. I love the amenities inside and the way the cockpit feels. The car drive impressively with the 53% rear weight bias and steering is equal to the FF. It emits a very aggressive roar with pops and burbles on overrun. You should drive it and let me know... its very fast too (not Huracan fast) but its respectful.

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2015 Mercedes Benz AMG GTS
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10
    2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series

The FF is a great V12 4 seater with AWD. The car drives unbelievably easy for a 4k lb plus car. The steering is so precise on point and the OEM Ohlins are top tier suspension wise. The leather feel in the interior is absolutely plush.. but some of the electronics are dated like the Chrysler Nav system. Overall its a great car and there are deals to be had on used ones. The V12 song is amazing and I added a Capristo to enhance it further

I wouldn't call the AMG GTS a downgrade, just a car that costs less. The quality and looks are polarizing IMHO and the interior is tremendous. I love the amenities inside and the way the cockpit feels. The car drive impressively with the 53% rear weight bias and steering is equal to the FF. It emits a very aggressive roar with pops and burbles on overrun. You should drive it and let me know... its very fast too (not Huracan fast) but its respectful.
    Thanks a lot! I had a Capristo but moved to Miesterschaft on the 599. Agreed the V12 is amazing, and the 599's electronics are from the 90's, I cant believe put into a car of this caliber. I shouldn't have said "downgrade", couldn't find the right word for it though I didnt think Mercedes could draw me back in, but I am really impressed with the looks, and the cockpit, I have to go drive one. I'm mostly concerned with its resale...I think this car will lose more $ in the same period compared to a Ferrari V12, and some of the AMG's have taken a really hard hit on resale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
    Thanks a lot! I had a Capristo but moved to Miesterschaft on the 599. Agreed the V12 is amazing, and the 599's electronics are from the 90's, I cant believe put into a car of this caliber. I shouldn't have said "downgrade", couldn't find the right word for it though I didnt think Mercedes could draw me back in, but I am really impressed with the looks, and the cockpit, I have to go drive one. I'm mostly concerned with its resale...I think this car will lose more $ in the same period compared to a Ferrari V12, and some of the AMG's have taken a really hard hit on resale.
    AMG's have always had issues with resale as you noted. My Black Series has held on nicely and that's part of the reason I still have it plus its N/A V8. The FF V12 is a soft car, my msrp was 370k and its value has plummeted. I luckily didn't buy it till the majority of the hit was realized. Conversely I just sold my 458 for more than I paid for it. The GTS is a regular production car so expect a 7 year cycle and depreciation. I did get the Edition 1 car which is 1 of 280 only with unique parts not available on the regular GT or GTS like: carbon fiber roof, fixed rear wing, front and side aerodynamics, and interior touches:
    Attached Images Attached Images Lamborghini Huracan vs Audi RS7-spp-lowered-front-jpg Lamborghini Huracan vs Audi RS7-spp-lowered-jpg Lamborghini Huracan vs Audi RS7-spp-lowered-rear-jpg Lamborghini Huracan vs Audi RS7-amg-gts-interior-front-jpg 

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10

Any thoughts on the Merc DCT gearbox? For example in comparison to the Huracan or Ferrari?

I think RS7 is really good for value. It performs like a supercar (V8 twin turbo) and it is much cheaper than a R8, its interior is combination of CF and Alcantara. It also has many top Audi technologies.
    It is a daily supercar. the downside is its mediocre look and some people would love an understated supercar. My friend just picked one up last week.

Quote Originally Posted by WLW@RSC View Post
    Any thoughts on the Merc DCT gearbox? For example in comparison to the Huracan or Ferrari?
    So far its been great-- excellent speed in up shift and down. The TCU is intuitive and holds the gears well in Auto Mode (S+) plus down shifts properly as I need this in crappy LA traffic at times. The 458 auto mode (I barely used is terrible. I takes a full blow mash to get it to jump down 3 gears vs the Merc or Huracan = slow. But then who drives a 458 in auto mode The Sport in the Huracan is great IMHO- down shifts bark and pop and it really responds to my throttle pressure when using A mode.

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    I think RS7 is really good for value. It performs like a supercar (V8 twin turbo) and it is much cheaper than a R8, its interior is combination of CF and Alcantara. It also has many top Audi technologies.
    It is a daily supercar. the downside is its mediocre look and some people would love an understated supercar. My friend just picked one up last week.
    Mediocre compared to a supercar but compared to its class rivals it looks the best
    i would personally opt for a S7 and tune it to stock RS7 power. This way you also get a double clutch tranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Mediocre compared to a supercar but compared to its class rivals it looks the best
    i would personally opt for a S7 and tune it to stock RS7 power. This way you also get a double clutch tranny.
    The ZF8 is a great traditional tranny and once you tune the RS7 there is no S7 tuned that will catch it. I have had the ZF on two different cars and it was the best tq converting tranny ive ever had; fast shifts up and clearly can handle the proper tq load after a tune. A simple tune gets the RS7 into almost 130 mph traps and sub 3 second 60 romps. But I see your point if someone is not about excessive power and just wants the DSG gearbox.

2015 Lamborghini Huracan
    2012 Ferrari FF
    2012 Audi R8 V10