Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Huracan Different Wheel Sizes and AWD

Huracan Different Wheel Sizes and AWD
    Hi,

So I've been lurking down here for a quite a while,
    this will be my first AWD car...
    was wondering if it is okay to use 20 front and 21 rear for the Huracan,, will it disturb the performance and calibration of the AWD Diff.

i have been leaning on 20 and 20 with just lighter wheels and different looks, because I am also planning to track the car,

For me now I have three options:
    -20 and 21 with brand new tires,
    -20 and 20 OEM width and OEM tires (save 2k on tires)
    -20 and 20 with big width and wider tires ..

which one should I go, or shall an expert chime in and help..

Thank You

Hi!

People have been using a 20/21 set up on the H, I have not heard any probs yet. I have done a few sets of after market on my LP560 and also my H.

First re: the AWD, I had a long talk with the Lambo factory rep in charge of all service in the US. He said it is VERY important to maintain rolling ratios between front and rear as it could affect the hyrdo viscous clutch\coupling. Google that if you want to learn more but its pretty much the mechanism that balances power between front and rear. While I did not have any probs when I went out side stock sizes, it is definitely something we need to be more aware of when putting wheels on an AWD car.

Re: looks, the 21" rear does provide for a thinner side wall tire, and it looks good, but so does a little bit more meat on the 20 IMO. It also protects your wheel a bit more going with more sidewall in a 20.

Now for your biggest concern, tracking. I once put 20" extra wide 3 piece on my LP560, I addedd 2.4lbs per front corner and 5lbs on the rear. This small weight was SO noticeable it was then I realized how important unsprung weight meant. I replaced the wheels with 19" super light monoblocks soon after and wow the car drove MUCH better, even passengers could feel the diff. The Lambo rep also sated the OEM 20" on the H is a special 20 and best to keep them for performance; could have been a pitch to stay buying their model.

I could keep going but all in all, Id say 20" OEM sizes front and rear, lighter wheel with proper offset. This looks as good as the 21 rear IMO, will perform THE BEST, wont mess with the cars mechanics, you save $$ on tires, smaller wheels AND sensors (i was quoted $1400 for the set) unless of course you rip apart the the wheels and pull the sensors. Keep in mind there was recently a huge shortage of 21" tires and they command a premium.

MY H on OEM 20's all around:

^^Love the look of your H!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
    Hi!

People have been using a 20/21 set up on the H, I have not heard any probs yet. I have done a few sets of after market on my LP560 and also my H.

First re: the AWD, I had a long talk with the Lambo factory rep in charge of all service in the US. He said it is VERY important to maintain rolling ratios between front and rear as it could affect the hyrdo viscous clutch\coupling. Google that if you want to learn more but its pretty much the mechanism that balances power between front and rear. While I did not have any probs when I went out side stock sizes, it is definitely something we need to be more aware of when putting wheels on an AWD car.

Re: looks, the 21" rear does provide for a thinner side wall tire, and it looks good, but so does a little bit more meat on the 20 IMO. It also protects your wheel a bit more going with more sidewall in a 20.

Now for your biggest concern, tracking. I once put 20" extra wide 3 piece on my LP560, I addedd 2.4lbs per front corner and 5lbs on the rear. This small weight was SO noticeable it was then I realized how important unsprung weight meant. I replaced the wheels with 19" super light monoblocks soon after and wow the car drove MUCH better, even passengers could feel the diff. The Lambo rep also sated the OEM 20" on the H is a special 20 and best to keep them for performance; could have been a pitch to stay buying their model.

I could keep going but all in all, Id say 20" OEM sizes front and rear, lighter wheel with proper offset. This looks as good as the 21 rear IMO, will perform THE BEST, wont mess with the cars mechanics, you save $$ on tires, smaller wheels AND sensors (i was quoted $1400 for the set) unless of course you rip apart the the wheels and pull the sensors. Keep in mind there was recently a huge shortage of 21" tires and they command a premium.

MY H on OEM 20's all around:

Hi Man,
    thanks for the reply,
    wow you made me 20 20 gang.!

couple of questions, so you use the OEM tires?
    the width of the wheels are the things that I am worried, like if we go after market but finding the wheels tucked in will not look so good for me....

I have been really considering 20 and 20 for a while, but afraid it will look bad..
    you prove me wrong sir.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvSpeed View Post
    ^^Love the look of your H!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
    Hi Man,
    thanks for the reply,
    wow you made me 20 20 gang.!

couple of questions, so you use the OEM tires?
    the width of the wheels are the things that I am worried, like if we go after market but finding the wheels tucked in will not look so good for me....

I have been really considering 20 and 20 for a while, but afraid it will look bad..
    you prove me wrong sir.
    Yes I used the OEM tires and sensors.

I'm not sure I follow your second Q on width and tucked wheels? I suggest OEM width but adjusting the offset to push the wheel edge flush to the fender.

My car is lowered, on the agressive side. I also suggest for both looks and improved handling, the Novitec springs make your coil-overs adjustable, you'll probably want these too

20/21 setups are the same rolling diameter as stock so it does not effect the AWD system. I'd be more than glad to answer any other questions you have on various setups.

Very nice,
    H looks damn bad ass when lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
    Very nice,
    H looks damn bad ass when lowered.
    Much agreed!

Going opposite direction, 19" front/back. Screw PA/NJ/NY messed up, foot deep hole ridden roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Going opposite direction, 19" front/back. Screw PA/NJ/NY messed up, foot deep hole ridden roads.
    For the track and performance aspect, this is 100% the way to go!