Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you think about the Lamborghini Urus?

What do you think about the Lamborghini Urus?

It's still unknown if Lamborghini will give the green light or not to start the production of this model. Some even do not know that Lamborghini made an SUV before, the LM002.

Do you think if they'll create the Urus it will find it's place on a market filled with Cayennes?

But dude, there are rumours that, Lambo will setup a new Factory outside Italy, for Urus's production........

I was one of the first customers to see this along with Salamone and a few others back in 2011 when Lambo showed the concept to us in an New York City. I loved it... I am not sure I am the one to buy it, but wow... I suspect we might see some hybrid tech in the car as well. Impressive and aggressive looking and very imposing in person. Would I do the LM002, yea... but the new SUV is sick!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
    I suspect we might see some hybrid tech in the car as well.
    I also suspect that this actually might e the true reason for which the Urus is not in production yet. All other manufacturers (or almost all) already implemented the hybrid tec in their SUVs.

As you may or may not know, the Urus customer clinic actually just concluded 3 days ago in Dubai - highly influential prospects were shown around a clay styling and interior buck, whilst being nagged by an assistant with iPad for their opinion.

Here's where it gets depressing. Base engine is a V6 of some description.

/RIP Lamborghini

A V6, that would be a sad day!
    Huracan coming soon
    Aventador x 1

There is no doubt in my mind why it's an V6, the hybrid cayenne that will be the main competitor also has an v6. In the end you need to choose if you want a porsche or a lambo badge on your hood.

Just speculating here
    Look at the Asterion, V10 Hybrid. I think we could see that same motor in the Urus bottom line is if they put anything less than an 8 cylinder its really not a Lambo its more audi. So just for a respect stand point to make it more like ohh ahh Lambo its going to need a big motor to be a few steps up from the audi SUVs
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    Just speculating here
    Look at the Asterion, V10 Hybrid. I think we could see that same motor in the Urus bottom line is if they put anything less than an 8 cylinder its really not a Lambo its more audi. So just for a respect stand point to make it more like ohh ahh Lambo its going to need a big motor to be a few steps up from the audi SUVs
    I actually think there will both a V6 and a V10 version, no middle V8. The V6 will sell better in EU, gas will have the price of mercury anytime soon here.

True - it was telling that Lamborghini was telling people at the Customer Clinic of two distinct types, Non-hybrid as the base (V6 and I don't know the second engine), and Hybrid (I believe V10). Pricing wasn't bad though - $245,000 for the top "non-hybrid" car, and around $265,000 for the Hybrid, starting

I'll find out more tomorrow when some of the prospects get back. Suffice it to say, from what he described, and how they had a Cayenne, Range Rover Sport, X6 and I cannot what lined up next to the styling buck, it's pretty clear that they are just trading on a badge. Apparently headlights were very "Huracan-esque"