Lamborghini officially announces Urus SUV production for 2018!

Lamborghini officially announces Urus SUV production for 2018!
    Lamborghini officially announces Urus SUV production for 2018!-lamborghini_100399085_l-jpg

"According to Bloomberg, Lamborghini and Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi’s have agreed on some tax breaks that will help expand the Italian automakers production and help hire about 500 new employees in order to make the new vehicle.

Lamborghini Chief Executive Officer Stephan Winkelmann and Rupert Stadler, the CEO of its parent company Audi AG, are expeced to announce the agreement at a press conference in Rome on Wednesday.

The Urus is expected to use the same platform as the new Audi Q7, Volkswagen Touareg and BentleyBentayga, and feature a V10 engine developed with Audi. The car will likely be lighter than its corporate siblings thanks to carbon fiber components.

The addition of a SUV to the lineup could result in Lamborghini doubling its total sales numbers. The brand estimates it can sell 3,000 models of the vehicle in a single year."

Sign me up

Time to sell my Range. I definitely think we will see a hybrid power train here. Also take the Astern and mix it with the Urus and you have the new SUV. I'm thinking we will see a new V8 from Lambo mainly because it is boring the chassis from audi so you most likely can't fit a V10 there. So it'll probably be a V8 Hybrid
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    Time to sell my Range. I definitely think we will see a hybrid power train here. Also take the Astern and mix it with the Urus and you have the new SUV. I'm thinking we will see a new V8 from Lambo mainly because it is boring the chassis from audi so you most likely can't fit a V10 there. So it'll probably be a V8 Hybrid
    I got an allocation that awaits me, i'm on a business trip right now. I hope to find out more details when i get back. I definately agree that one of the options will be for sure an V8 hybrid but i would not be too sure that they cannot squeeze an V10 there, remember the RS6 had a twin turbo Gallardo engine in it. I just hope not to see a diesel on a Lamborghini lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I got an allocation that awaits me, i'm on a business trip right now. I hope to find out more details when i get back. I definately agree that one of the options will be for sure an V8 hybrid but i would not be too sure that they cannot squeeze an V10 there, remember the RS6 had a twin turbo Gallardo engine in it. I just hope not to see a diesel on a Lamborghini lol
    Not a chance for a diesel. That means they would have to have two different engine options because diesel motors here in the US are not that popular.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    Not a chance for a diesel. That means they would have to have two different engine options because diesel motors here in the US are not that popular.
    I think we'll see a V8 hybrid and a V10