580-2 becomes 640-2, can't believe it !!

580-2 becomes 640-2, can't believe it !!
    Hi all,

i'm new on this forum (see my member introduction)

I'm driving a LP580-2. But I always felt it was downtuned. Which it basically is, but i really felt it and it annoyed me.

also what annoyed me was the START STOP system, the fact you have to turn it off everytime you start the car. (because i don't like to have it on)

I wanted it off all the time. It's just one of these little annoying things.

Through a friend i got into contact with Supercar diagnostics in London. They do remapping and performance modifications, but also service and repairs and i heard good things about them.

so i drove my ride over to london and left it there for a week.

Just got it back today and i must say: i'm shocked. Not only does it have a lot more power, but it already starts from 3000 rpm. The gear shifts are much more responsive and faster as well.
    They told me when i picked it up that they rewrote the mapping for every setting: strada sport and corsa. And each was tested while driving to see if it goes well with the setting.
    they also rewrote the gear shifts in terms of responsiveness and time. I love the fact the guys from supercar diagnostics programmed a bespoke map just for me and my wishes.

What i asked them also is to keep sport sporty and strada strada. which they did.

another thing they improved was the dead setting and feeling you get when driving in strada. That's completely gone now.

and the power, O MY GOD the power. It's a real beast now, a bull on steroids. Huge difference which i felt immediately. It feels completely freed from the downtune.
    It must have at least 630 HP now, It even fish tails a little in straight line under hard throttle. it's a monster ! haven't had time to go to the dyno yet. Will do that later this month. It's so fast it's scary.

I also have a LP560 so i have some experience with lambos, but this thing after the tuning is totally insane.

I also had the brake fluid changed to a silicon based racing fluid. Brakes feel harder and tougher now, they bite much stronger. Very happy with the outcome !

and last but not least ! they were able to turn off the start stop system forever ! OMG, i don't know how they do it. When the start stop normally should kick in, it now displays a grey crossed out symbol where the yellow one used to be.

so happy with it ! Anyone else have some experience in tuning ? and what were your results ?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Until today nobody really knows what Lambo did to detune the 580. If its mapping only then the 30hp to the 610 level plus around 20hp from usual tunes will result in what you got. The TCU tune is more important as harder shift makes you feel the more power.

In Sport the 610 also starts great from 3000. Cannot remember the 580 as I only testdrove it in wet conditions. Mine will have an OBD tune soon but I'm positive that the increase on the 580 is more dramatic.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Until today nobody really knows what Lambo did to detune the 580. If its mapping only then the 30hp to the 610 level plus around 20hp from usual tunes will result in what you got. The TCU tune is more important as harder shift makes you feel the more power.

In Sport the 610 also starts great from 3000. Cannot remember the 580 as I only testdrove it in wet conditions. Mine will have an OBD tune soon but I'm positive that the increase on the 580 is more dramatic.
    yes but i mean the power kicks in immediately when you hit the throttle, extremely responsive. I finally fully enjoy driving it, it's just amazing. These guys from Supercar diagnostics are amazing. When you're in the UK you should definitely head over to them. Very driven guys ! They also advised me never to forget to get the right fuel, V POWER from Shell gives the best result.

Well, therefore they have tuned their maps for 100 Octane ROZ ! I always put in 98 ROZ as the normal maps only have low and high settings.

Great to hear that you like it. Do you plan any mods in future?

i would do a new exhaust with valves as well, but for the moment i'm looking to get an SL when it comes out later next year and then fully build out that car...

looking forward to that car so much !

I was finally able to put it on the DYNO.

standard the W hp (so the horsepower on the wheels for the standard huracan) is 460 WHP
    after the ECU tune only, the power is 562 WHP !!! that's an increase of 102 hp and the torque is now 525 and going up gradually without curves ! amazing !!

supercar diagnostics london nailed it for me ! amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by Rugman View Post
    I was finally able to put it on the DYNO.

standard the W hp (so the horsepower on the wheels for the standard huracan) is 460 WHP
    after the ECU tune only, the power is 562 WHP !!! that's an increase of 102 hp and the torque is now 525 and going up gradually without curves ! amazing !!

supercar diagnostics london nailed it for me ! amazing !
    Wheel horsepower of the LP610-4 is 495hp (measured in the US). Since the drivettrain loss is less with 2WD you may see about the same for the 580. But 67hp increase with just the tune is still more than impressive, almost unbelieveable since others are getting max 27hp out of the tune only on a LP610. And these guys are pushin 48hp out of the tune. On race gas ?

580-2 becomes 640-2, can't believe it !!-lp580-4-tune-jpg
    here is the dyno : get your car over to London, these guys are amazing.
    fuel is 98 V POWER we can get at any shell station here in europe.
    should be more with 101 or 102 which you can get in Germany...

Sdiagnostics told me they could probably get 25 hp more if we would change the exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images 580-2 becomes 640-2, can't believe it !!-img_5519-jpg