Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who is ready for a supercharger?

Who is ready for a supercharger?
    I have it on good authority that in the next upcoming weeks, we will see a bolt-in supercharger kit be introduced into the market...

200hp, complete bolt-in with no permanent mods required...

Beats trying to wrestle a 1,200hp car on a daily basis...

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I wonder if the tranny can handle an extra 200 hp without any modifications?
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Quote Originally Posted by Klauss View Post
    I wonder if the tranny can handle an extra 200 hp without any modifications?
    Yes, it can... but that is approaching the limit... this has been tested with the R8 plus which has used the same trans as the Huracan since its intro... VF Engineering has done S/C's on the R8+ with no issues on a stock trans.

Testing is being completed this week, and the kit should be available by end of next month.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyRusso View Post
    Yes, it can... but that is approaching the limit... this has been tested with the R8 plus which has used the same trans as the Huracan since its intro... VF Engineering has done S/C's on the R8+ with no issues on a stock trans.

Testing is being completed this week, and the kit should be available by end of next month.
    Post up some pics of the system installed on the R8 if possible, it should be pretty similar.

Who is ready for a supercharger?-unknown-jpg

How about it installed on the Huracan?

VF? For me, if Im going to do a mod that invasive and blow out the warranty, its going for full TT. I love the reliability and balance of the current H, I'd hate to alter it. Just my .02 , obviously there's a market for Hpower mongers...cue UGR

Who is ready for a supercharger?-unknown-jpg

How about it installed on the Huracan?
    On that small image i actually thought it was a Ford GT engine bay. Looks clean, this should be interesting. I still think that 200 hp extra on the stock tranny might be a bit to much...

Agreed there is no way the transmission can handle that torque for long. I've been in touch with those developing the stronic and DCT upgrade and it is definitely a weak point on the car. We shall see I suppose. I wouldn't even consider forced induction without addressing the transmission. It's not worth the risk.

Not to beat a dead horse, but no one questioned the other 1000+ hp TT kits out there... Why are they believable, but 200 hp is not safe?

Again, these kits have been used in the R8+ (SAME Trans) for thousands of trouble free miles...

Not to beat a dead horse, but no one questioned the other 1000+ hp TT kits out there... Why are they believable, but 200 hp is not safe?

Again, these kits have been used in the R8+ (SAME Trans) for thousands of trouble free miles...
    Those 1000+ TT kits used modified transmissions if you are talking about Gallardos. Also the TT Huracan that UGR built and raced couple of months ago had a sequential transmission.