Thread: Hi from NZ

Hi from NZ

Hi from NZ
    Well this is awkward seeing as this is mainly a Hurican owners site but since I am having major problems reconnecting to Lambotalk.com I have no other choice.
    I have owned my 2004 Gallardo coupe for over a year now and up until this weekend I had reserved feelings on whether I made the right choice in purchase or not.
    I have had to carry out many repairs that were hidden by the previous owner and it is just lucky I am able to repair most of these by myself being a car mechanic.
    Anyway I attended a grand opening of a performance upgrade business called Power Torque based in Taupo NZ.
    I drove four and a half hours to get there and parked next to a brand new Hurican and a 2016 Aventador Spyder.
    Both cars looked showroom condition and here I am in my filthy old bug covered Gallardo!
    A few hours and stories later a few of us drove a short distance to the local racetrack and after a briefing we were unleased onto the track.
    I have driven a car exactly like mine on a track before - but this is my car and any damage is on me so I planned to take it easy.
    That didnt last long though.
    Once I familarised myself with the track I gave it almost all I could around the track, albeit still in traction mode - in fact I still havent used sport mode yet!
    So here I am hammering it around the track and I have a late model modified Audi RS5 on racing tyres trying to catch me - Im on stock Pirreli's with a sports exhaust - I look in the mirror as I enter the long straight to see the RS5 go off the track in a spectacular cloud of smoke and dust, he was ok just embarrased and I.....felt really, really chuffed!
    A few laps later I pulled into the pits to give the car a breather and myself a shake off and was welcomed by several handshakes and pats on the back.
    I opened the bonnet to let the engine have some cool air and WOW the exhaust was almost on fire, thank god I heat taped the new system.
    The best part I didnt get to see though, I was told on the main straight I was emitting almost two foot flames on gear changes - GET YOU SOME OF THAT!!!
    I cant wait to see some of footage from the many cameras around the track.
    Thats all folks.
    Mark.Hi from NZ-20161216_081356-jpg
    Last edited by XSNRGY; 04-02-2017 at 08:28 AM. Reason: unfinished