Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Huracan Owner from SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by MBG View Post
    Congrats on a terrific looking car! What you said above is why I have always tried to be a gracious supercar owner to people that I meet. In my experience, for the most part, folks who come over to see your car are excited and just want to say they saw one up close, take a few pictures, and ask you some questions about it. Sure occasionally people can overstep a little and ask what it costs, what you do for a living, etc... but even then, if you are gracious I think most adults can handle that discussion without getting assholic.

Enjoy the car and have your answers ready for all the new fans you are now surely going to meet.

MBG
    Very well said.

I expect to take delivery of my Spyder in the next 30 days....(Merry Christmas to me)...New Huracan Owner from SoCal One question that I had was regarding luggage that best fits. Any recommendations for something that works best if the wife and I were going to take an overnight trip??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a Lamborghini Squadra Corsa bag from the dealer as a gift when I got my Spyder. It fits well in the "trunk" but is not enough for two (you know shoes need up a lot of space). She always has her own bag (shopper size) in the footroom as its enough space there she says.

Happy Christmas to you A long wait is over and you'll se it was worth it.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Merry Christmas to you!!....Thanks for the tip. Can't wait for it's arrival....New Huracan Owner from SoCalNew Huracan Owner from SoCalNew Huracan Owner from SoCal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats....these are great cars....Also amazed about the wife driving. My wife does not drive any of my cars.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's

I have owned the Huracan for about 2 months now, I can answer some of the comments that I received on this forum and some comments received elsewhere.

Wife driving: I started last summer making the Lambo purchase campaign a family affair—I brought them all to the Exotic Racing New Huracan Owner from SoCal-daughter-doing-ride-huracan-jpgSchool in Fontana, CA where you can rent a supercar and race around the track with an instructor—amazing experience for myself to make sure I fit in a Huracan (6’ 3’’) and I liked the car's performance--I put my wife and older 12 yo daughter in the ‘ride along with instructor’ experience (see attached) and got them hooked-- Interesting, I informally polled the instructors and amongst all the cars there, which they preferred: #1 McLaren 570S, #2 Huracan, #3 Porsche GT3 RS then all the others (Ferrari 458, Audi R8, Nissan, etc)… I couldn’t comfortably fit in the McLaren but I gave it thoughtful consideration when buying a supercar since it is fast and looks great. Ferrari and Porsche were a distant consideration since they are so common in Southern California, but they are great cars.

Other activities to incorporate a supercar culture into the family in SoCal include monthly attendance at the Newport Lamborghini car show on Saturdays, annual OC Car show in Anaheim, annual LA Car show---

For owners thinking of letting the wife drive, put the Huracan in Strada mode and leave it there… it drives like Mercedes…

‘Why didn’t you buy the Huracan Spyder, you live in SoCal?!’ good point, at Newport Lamborghini, for LP 610-4’s, the coupes are special order only for 2017… so couple of reasons I chose the coupe: the driver side seat doesn’t go back as far in the Spyder ….since I just fit in the coupe, I didn’t comfortably fit in the Spyder.. also, open top cars are sometimes not allowed on race tracks without modifications, so this was a problem..lastly, you have a small window on each side of the car in a coupe behind the main side windows—they are lacking in the Spyder and I preferred the greater side visibility with the coupe—Minor reasons: coupes are faster on paper and are less expensive

‘Why didn’t you buy an Audi R8, it is essentially the same car’: The R8 has formidable performance numbers, but to me, it doesn’t look like a supercar— you pay more the famous Lamborghini designers to come up with a car that looks incredible like the Huracan—I do appreciate the fact that Audi (and the VW group), the larger corporate entities of Lamborghini, can keep the Lamborghini brand alive during economic recessions— also, if true that the double clutch on the Huracan came from Audi, I thank them for this since it has enormous value added.

‘You must be going through a Mid-life crisis’: My response is that after getting married with 2 kids, everything else doesn’t matter for about a decade after the last one is born… now that I have the time to get into supercars, might as well buy one and bring the family along with the experience-- note that most of my friends that went through a 40’s or 50’s midlife crisis got divorced when they went for the younger wife upgrade, in the long run, they have paid a lot more than I did for the Huracan!

‘How can you spend that kind of money on a car’? This comment did not come from my wife and kids since I had them roped into the concept but it came mainly from friends—My response to them is that if you are worried about the price of high octane gas, the cost of the annual maintenance, high car payments if you have them, high car insurance rates, fairly short bumper to bumper warranty period, and the list goes on, then you are not in a position to buy a supercar-- buying the Huracan was like buying a piece of expensive art; it was not essential and perhaps excessive in some people’s mind-- nevertheless, I have made a family hobby around the Huracan and we have enjoyed it immensely.

Storage in the Huracan: limited but if you remove all the stuff in the trunk that comes with the car, you can fit a small piece of carry on luggage—I also find that the leg area in the passenger side fits quite a bit without squishing the passenger legs too much.

Any disappointments?: only minor disappointment is getting the car on a race track—it no longer is insured by Allstate for any track related activities—other standard insurances are similar-- there are specialty insurance companies that will charge $1400 per training event or others about $9K per year to get it on the track unlimited—I am still researching this at the moment—looking into the various clubs as well..

Post more pics of the car: will do soon!

Thanks again for all your comments, Best,
    MR