Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aussie owner - clocked the car!

Aussie owner - clocked the car!
    Hey guys,

First time owner, first time poster, long time lover.

Just thought i'd start my post un-orthodoxically (pretty sure that's made up). Before taking ownership, I wrote up a check-list of what I wanted to experience with the car, and that comprised of a quarter mile race, skid pan session, and some track time at the world renowned Phillip Island race track (and I can safely say, i've done all of the above within 2 months of ownership (definitely clocked the car!). Last on that list would be hitting a top speed run, but I haven't come across any airstrips down in Aus, where that would be possible.

Anyway, back to the car. I optioned her up back in January this year, and took delivery of the car in mid-August.

She's a 2016 model, which meant I received a complimentary cup holder (which, actually doesn't hold anything - thanks for that Lamborghini!), a few interior updates (apparently the colour of a few of the items on the cluster/dash have changed), as well as a few engine updates (like shutting off 5 cylinders whilst cruising, to save on consumption/emissions).

Her most notable features would be:

- Style Kit
    - Glass Engine Cover
    - Gloss Black Wheels
    - Alcantara Interior
    - Matching body colour stitching
    - Matching body colour calipers

Drag strip action was first on the list, and I was hoping to see myself coast to a 10.7 quarter mile time (like a few other owners have mustered), but for some reason, the best of the day was 10.9 @ 131.1MPH with a 1.85 60ft (she pretty much ran flat 11.0's all day, since LC kept bogging down - my guess was that it was a combination of the track being too hot, and the tyres being too sticky). The best run was posted right after I took the car through the wet-box, which allowed for a little bit of slip into the tyres. I'll be heading back down again to get a respectable 60ft time, and hopefully beat my best run for the day!

If anyone wants to see that run, you can here (the 2nd run in this video was with NO LC used at all - rolled off the line, hence the 11.2):

Here's some pictures from the strip that day

Aussie owner - clocked the car!-sunday_funday_off_street_drag_racing_-_calder_park_drag_racing_sun_28_august_2016__-57987-zf-5-jpgAussie owner - clocked the car!-sunday_funday_off_street_drag_racing_-_calder_park_drag_racing_sun_28_august_2016__-58003-zf-5-jpgAussie owner - clocked the car!-sunday_funday_off_street_drag_racing_-_calder_park_drag_racing_sun_28_august_2016__-58382-zf-8-jpgAussie owner - clocked the car!-sunday_funday_off_street_drag_racing_-_calder_park_drag_racing_sun_28_august_2016__-58045-zf-8-jpgAussie owner - clocked the car!-sunday_funday_off_street_drag_racing_-_calder_park_drag_racing_sun_28_august_2016__-58395-zf-8-jpg

The time slip:
    Aussie owner - clocked the car!-img_0222-jpg

Here's some skid pan action:
    https://www.facebook.com/ediz.oz/pos...12?pnref=story

And here's me hitting 270 down the straight at Phillip Island (after somewhat nailing turns 11 through 12):
    https://www.facebook.com/ediz.oz/pos...12?pnref=story

Plans for the car:

The current plans for the car is to lighten her up ever so slightly (the stock exhaust system weighs 30kg, so that's being swapped out for an ARMYTRIX titanium system which should shed close to 25kg), plus getting her tuned (to free up some extra HP). I also have FORGED building a custom set of wheels, and I just put a deposit down on the complete 1016 Industries carbon kit. I'll be sure to update power figures, her look, and any videos we decide to film with the car within this thread or other sections within the forum hope you guys enjoyed the read (if you got through it all!), and hello from down under
    2016 Rosso Mars Huracan LP610
    2016 Mercedes GLE43 AMG
    2009 Audi R8 V10

Welcome to the forum and congrats to your great car

Regarding shedding off weight you're on the right track. Although your glass engine bonnet is pretty heavy too. The carbon parts do not help in weight and are for looks only unless you get rid of the insides of the doors like the SL probably will have. Otherwise your current wheels are the heavy ones but you already ordered some. Then get the usual stuff like air filters, intake pipe and a ECU/TCU tune and your at 10.5.

Greets from the opposite of the world (Switzerland)
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congrats to your great car

Regarding shedding off weight you're on the right track. Although your glass engine bonnet is pretty heavy too. The carbon parts do not help in weight and are for looks only unless you get rid of the insides of the doors like the SL probably will have. Otherwise your current wheels are the heavy ones but you already ordered some. Then get the usual stuff like air filters, intake pipe and a ECU/TCU tune and your at 10.5.

Greets from the opposite of the world (Switzerland)
    Greetings robby!

Yeah, I think the forged wheels and titanium exhaust should see a weight saving of between 35-50kg (I heard the new SL/Performonte will shed between 70-100kg over the standard 610), and power will be bumped up to 660.

You wouldn't happen to know how much each of the standard wheels weighs would you?

Also, are there any links to tuned Huracan's running down the track (with simple mods like exhaust/filters)? I was hoping with a 1.6 60ft, that the following modifications should see the car closer to 10.2-10.3 (or is that wishful thinking?).
    2016 Mercedes GLE43 AMG
    2009 Audi R8 V10

Very nice! That 1.6 60ft will definitely help cut some time down. Let me know if I can help with an ECU tune to get you closer in the deep 10's!

Congrats on the car Eddy!

Welcome home mate! Great to have you!
    I would also add some interior carbon mods to your list.

I guess you had it in Corsa when launching. Try Sport as well as you'll have more power on the fronts. An ECU tune doesn't give you much in the 1/4 but a TCU tune combined with Sport mode shifts quicker. There is a H with Tune on youtube that run a 10:59.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Looking forward to seeing more runs man!

Let me know if you have any questions regarding performance or aero products. We have been running our full Aero kit and Performance package on our development car for quite some time. We would be happy to help you with any questions you have.

RSC Tuning Launches LP680 Carbon Fiber Aero Kit - Supercars.net

If you have any question, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    I guess you had it in Corsa when launching. Try Sport as well as you'll have more power on the fronts. An ECU tune doesn't give you much in the 1/4 but a TCU tune combined with Sport mode shifts quicker. There is a H with Tune on youtube that run a 10:59.
    Yes, had it in corsa!

I didn't know Sport mode engaged LC?

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that video would you?
    2016 Mercedes GLE43 AMG
    2009 Audi R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Welcome home mate! Great to have you!
    I would also add some interior carbon mods to your list.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've already turned from Armytrix to IPE in terms of the exhaust system (I think the thin walls, and the fact that it renders the factory steering wheel switch useless has put me off). I've also had a look at lowering the car and I've heard Novitec are the only ones to go with. I'd also love to add interior carbon bits to the car (any recommendations 😊?)
    2016 Mercedes GLE43 AMG
    2009 Audi R8 V10