Avio ordered in NZ

Avio ordered in NZ
    Hello everyone.

Just ordered an Avio. Matt blue as in the show pictures but with titanium wheels. September delivery at this stage.

Was at a recent Audi drive day and was impressed with the Audi R8 having never really thought about them before. Much angrier than I expected, but the R8 looks didn't do it for me. So had been looking at Huracans.

When I saw the Avio and that it was limited to 250 I thought that would be ideal for a keeper.

Managed to get a Lamborghini track yesterday and was blown away. The quality of Audi with the flair of Lamborghini. Seemed more brutal than the R8 and much better looking. Shifts are instant and violent.

I do have some questions if you could help.

1. I drove a 2015 and it did seem fairly low spec interior, all plastic. I read in the forum that in MY2016 this concern was addressed. Are the MY16 cars better inside? Any details on MY17?
    2. The metal paddles weren't that comfortable, I see the macarbon paddles mentioned in the forums. Are they good?
    3. iPhone 6+. Where do you put it? Ideally you want to plug it in so you can search playlists from the car not have to drive it from your phone over bluetooth. Is that sorted in MY16?
    4. Reversing camera was pitiful. Has that been fixed in later models?

Really excited and hope these issues are fixed in 16/17.

Cheers

Rod

Welcome Home, Rod!
    Your spec sounds amazing, out of all new colors for the Avio, the matt blue was my favourite too.

Arrived at the dealer. 4 days until pick up. Whoop!

Avio ordered in NZ-img_3105-jpgAvio ordered in NZ-img_3102-jpg

Looks like an absolute beauty, and love the spec! Hello from across the ditch mate!
    2016 Rosso Mars Huracan LP610
    2016 Mercedes GLE43 AMG
    2009 Audi R8 V10

Great car ! Now they polish it for three days to get the color glossy ... LOL just kiddin'
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Avio ordered in NZ-01a56f00-1545-417b-b459-86d73cfa3493-jpg

Picked up yesterday and a 5 hour drive home. Woohoo

First thoughts

1. Incredible car. Easy to drive slow and so fun to drive hard.
    2. Once I worked out the right screen I felt better. Needed to hold the screen selector for a few seconds before it changed
    3. Avio blue was darker than I thought but looks amazing. It's close to Navy than Sky blue. Was hard to tell from show photo's
    4. Cup holder works great. As good as the Porsche ones.
    5. Lift system works well
    6. Visibility is excellent

It really feels like a go cart. Super stiff with a thing veneer of luxury spread over. The Avio tweaks make it feel really special.

Only gripes
    1. Reversing camera is a joke. Why did they not upgrade that? Really lets down the quality of the experience. Should have a front camera too.
    2. Only supports bluetooth audio, not iPhone/Spotify over cable as my Audi's do. Must do some research on that
    3. The display modes could be more intelligent. To change between radio and media puts the screen back into the composite display. Seem to be always changing it back to the big Rev counter.
    4. I thought the indicators would switch off automatically after a pass (3 seconds), must be doing it wrong so will read the manual tonight

Absolutely love it.

Unbelivable color and spec! How about we get some custom forged 3-piece wheels and PPG color match the outer lips to this blue?!

www.WheelsBoutique.com || 786 249 0127 ext. 2109 || David@WheelsBoutique.com
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / Vorsteiner's Largest Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / 1016 Industries / VF Engineering / DME Tuning / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

Great looking Avio, saw a grey Avio at Auckland Lamborghini while I was there. Is that where you ordered yours from?
    www.diagnostichaus.com

Yes. Been good service. Driving up tomorrow actually for replacement windscreen and get rid of a door ding that's annoying me so you may see it over the next week.

So I guess 2 Avio's in NZ then