Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Member from Colorado about to place order with questions.

New Member from Colorado about to place order with questions.
    I want to introduce myself. I am Steve from Colorado. I have been lurking on the forum for a few months trying to learn about the Huracan. I have been considering buying my first Lamborghini for the past 6 months or so. My wife and I took our first test drive yesterday, and I have decided to go ahead and purchase a Lamborghini!

I found the dual-clutch 7 speed transmission the most impressive thing about the car. The shifts were immediate and buttery smooth! The only dual clutch comparison I can make is with my GTR. The Huracan's trans blows the GTR away! I hear the PDK transmission is fast also. Anybody know how the PDK compares to the Huracan?

I will spend next Saturday at the dealership placing my order. Sounds like a great way to spend the 4th! The car is due to start building in October with with estimated delivery to me in March of 2016.

The following is what I am thinking about including in my build.

Color - Rosso Mars (My favorite color on a sports car)
    Interior - Nero Ade standard unicolor versus possible alcantara (have not decided yet if I want the alcantara)
    - Plan on getting contrast sticking in red.
    Navigation system
    Rear view camera with parking sensor
    Lifting system
    Transparent engine bonnet with carbon forged engine bay
    Red brake calipers
    20" MIMAS forged rim - black ( may get standard rims and then go aftermarket instead)
    Fully electric and heated seats ( thinking about full leather with contrast stitching, but am considering the alcantara )
    Branding package
    roof lining and A pillars in leather
    Dynamic power steering (not sure about this, see below)
    At least sport exhaust system (thinking about racing exhaust)
    ? style package ( I have not seen this on a car, not sure what I am getting

I have a few questions.

One or two of the online video reviews discussed the dynamic power steering was not needed and even mentioned contributing to understeer. I do not know what to think about this. Opinions anybody? I currently am planning on ordering just because the car is engineered with that in mind.

I already know I want something more than the stock exhaust. I mentioned to the dealer getting an aftermarket exhaust and installing. They stated that putting an aftermarket exhaust on the lambo is not recommended because it will void the factor warranty! Does this sound right? I'm pretty sure an exhaust alone will not void factory warranty in the GTR world.
    The sport exhaust is about a $4000 dollar option, and the Track exhaust is a $14000 option. Seems like a large jump. The track exhaust has to be installed by the dealer. The sport exhaust comes from the factory. Does the mapping change with either. Does anybody have any know how much the power changes between them? Any sound clips between the different lambo factory exhausts?

What do you think about the styling package. Again, the description is something about high gloss front lip. Not sure that I have seen the difference between the package and nothing. I am sure the dealer will have pics when I order, but wanted some real life opinions.

The Mimas rims are $7000 MY 2015 price. I like the looks of them. I may do standard rims then go aftermarket. Anybody know what the good aftermarket rim prices are for comparison?

What do you guys think? I appreciate any responses!

Welcome! It's awesome that you have decided to join our family

I will resume answering just to the questions that i have an clear answer for.

The sport exhaust is as you said installed at the factory, the race exhaust can only be installed at the dealer. The price for the sport exhaust is correct but for the race exhaust i know other dealers have much better deals like 10k or even lower. Also an aftermarket exhaust does NOT void your car warranty!

If i were you i would also opt for the standard wheels and go aftermarket. A set of top of the range aftermarket wheels like ADV.1 for example is like 9-10k, but think about it: those aftermarket wheels will make your car look unique

Welcome to Huracantalk! I think you need to concentrate more on the options that are a must have, my advice would be to get mag ride plus lift and also the int carbon fiber package if its available to order.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Hi and welcome!

I have a very similar build...only diffs may be bicolor red leather interior and stock exhaust...for now.

I would consider the Alcantara...I've had it in many of my cars, including Lambos but my Huracan and Rover SVR are now full leather. I think the H seats in Alcantara would be more comfortable and next time around I will probably go back to them, they grip you better too. The Rover seats feel much nicer and do not mind the full leather here.

Unless it's changed, you have to take the lift and Magneto together, I think both are mandatory along with the LDS. To be honest I have not driven a non-LDS H, but I couldn't imagine it being any better @ low speed or on the track without, the LDS is great IMHO and a huge selling point.

Save your $$$ and don't spend it on the Mimas, buy some ADV1's instead, you're in the ballpark of 7k, stay with OEM sizing so you can reuse your factory tires and sensors, if not add another ~2k

Depending how "aggressive" you like your exhaust, saving $$$ again and going aftermarket is a better bet.

If you don't opt for the full Style Package I'd at least opt to incorporate some of the design elements. The front gloss black splitter and exhaust tips in black look great against Rosso Mars. It also adds gloss black to the grills, front bumper grill trim, and bonnet side vents. I have this package on my car...check this thread New member, photographer from Chicago with exotics in the garage!, tons of picts of my car, Mars with ADV1's. Look for picts of other Rosso Mars with a red front splitter; these do not have the Style Package for comparison.

Forgot to the add the line about an aftermarket exhaust voiding the factory warranty is bogus. Yes you loose warranty on the exhaust itself, but not the whole car. Some US dealers sell and install aftermarket right from the showroom i.e. Lambo Beverly Hills\Ogara

Thank all of you for your input. I am definitely getting the basic wheels and will go aftermarket once the car comes in. Will be nice to have two sets of rims for a similar price.

I also am getting the basic exhaust for now, and may choose to do something later. Not sure why the local lambo dealer is against aftermarket exhaust. The dealer stated that they re-program the ecu with the racing exhaust. Supposedly good for something like 40 hp. Maybe that is why they think the warranty should be voided. Maybe they want to make more money.

I was always planning on getting the mag ride; forgot to put in my build list. I have not been able to find anybody without the dynamic steering for an opinion. Will plan on getting this also if it were an option.

I do like the looks of the styling package. Planning on getting this also. I wonder if you can get the whole side intake painted gloss black instead of the just the vents? I think that would be sharp.

Still not sure about the alcantara. I seem to like the look of leather better, but I understand about the better grip and cooler feel in summer.

Also, my wife is really wanting me to go with the verde color. It is a pretty green, but I am a red car guy.

I only have the MY 2015 option list currently. I do not know about any additional carbon fiber interior options for 2016. I will let you know how it goes on Saturday!

Feruccio, your car looks great! Looks lowered. If so, what did you lower it with? Also, are those stock wheel sizes or some other size?

Thanks! Lowered using the Novitec spring kit, I HIGHLY recommend it. It is adjustable, mine is on the aggressive side. If you plan to do the Novitecs, Lift + Mag is MANDATORY.

Stock wheel sizes with corrected offsets on OEM tires. The only other option is 21" in rear. I opted against the 21 rear for a few reasons. Lambo TPMS sensors are ~1200 so plan to reuse them if you want to keep costs down.

Are they really claiming 40HP with the race exhaust?

Even though I have yet to drive a non-LDS car, I still think LDS is THE way to go.

Personally I think the Alcantara looks better, but obviously matter of opinion, just like Rosso vs. Verde

Thx for the info. I will double check on the hp increase with racing exhaust on Saturday. They did tell me that you have to sign a form that it is for track use only. Something about the db rating. I have tried to attach a Lambo flyer that states the racing exhaust is up to 5% increase in power. That would be 30 hp. Again I will check to see what they say.

New Member from Colorado about to place order with questions.-image-jpg

Update. I essentially placed an order this weekend by making a down payment. Although my dealer did not have all the new options for MY 2016. They expect something this week and will see if there is anything I want to change and will get the updated pricing. They will then formally submit to Lamborghini. I did speak the the lead mechanic at my dealer. There is not a reflash of the ECU with the racing exhaust. The mechanic stated an increase in hp with racing exhaust of 10%. I asked him if he saw any dyno numbers and he said no. I do not think his information is too factual since the Lamborghini flyer stated 5% increase in hp.

My order is as follows:
    Rosso mars
    Nero ade leather unicolor with red contrast stitching
    Front lift with magnetic ride
    Nav
    Rear view camera with sensors
    Transparent engine bonnet
    Leather a pillar and roof liner
    Styling package
    Dynamic steering
    Branding package
    The upgraded floor mats with piping
    Electric /heated seats
    Red brake caliper

I did not upgrade the rims or exhaust. Will figure out those options in the future. I do have access to an all wheel mustang dyno. May dyno stock, get an exhaust and dyno after. Definitely going aftermarket wheels. Have plenty time to think about what I want. Will likely have them purchased by time the car come in. I know what to tell my wife for a Xmas gift!

Thanks to everyone for their input! Looking forward to a March delivery