Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another English Member

Another English Member
    Picked my car up a couple of weeks ago, second Lamborghini, previous car an Aventador and 7or 8 Ferraris previous to that.
    Loving the fit and finish of the car, the gearbox is a revelation after the Aventador!
    Need to do something with the exhaust it's a bit quiet at the minute I was wondering if the valves can be unplugged as a temporary measure but no one seems to know not even the dealers! I've done this with my Ferraris and Aventador without issue. Any ideas people?

Cheers

Steve
    Another English Member-image-jpg

Congrats get the race exhaust transforms the car

looking good!

We haven't tried it, but unplugging the wire when the valves are open should do the trick and change it to an aftermarket one
    Hendrik @ BaanVelgen

Your source for High Performance parts

http://www.baanvelgen.com/skin/front...mages/logo.png

Welcome Steve! Your idea is actually interesting but i just hope it won't void your warranty. Another option would be indeed to go for the race exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Welcome Steve! Your idea is actually interesting but i just hope it won't void your warranty. Another option would be indeed to go for the race exhaust.

Thanks for the welcome!
    The problem I have with the Huracan (and Aventador) exhaust was how quiet it is on tick over. Once under load I am fine with it. With the Aventador I unplugged the valves and problem solved. And I was informed by the dealer this wouldn't be an issue with regard warrantee.
    Seems madness to me to pay out 8k GBP to achieve what I really would like when I already have the equipment.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SJF View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!
    The problem I have with the Huracan (and Aventador) exhaust was how quiet it is on tick over. Once under load I am fine with it. With the Aventador I unplugged the valves and problem solved. And I was informed by the dealer this wouldn't be an issue with regard warrantee.
    Seems madness to me to pay out 8k GBP to achieve what I really would like when I already have the equipment.

Steve
    If your dealer is okay with it, you can try it. Keep us posted!

Post a picture of the interior too if possible. Thanks!
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

I spoke with local Lamborghini tech and he tells me they haven't disconnected the Valves on a Huracan yet and can't guarantee it won't throw a light.
    Also apparently its a bit of a pig of a job, not 5 minutes like previous models.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SJF View Post
    I spoke with local Lamborghini tech and he tells me they haven't disconnected the Valves on a Huracan yet and can't guarantee it won't throw a light.
    Also apparently its a bit of a pig of a job, not 5 minutes like previous models.

Steve
    Well, it can't be very complicated but as you said you cannot live with a light on your gauge all the time.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Couple more snaps

Race exhaust now fitted, sounding fantastic!

Love it! Do you have any interior shots?