Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starting Over....

Starting Over....
    After putting over 123,000 miles on my 2006 Gallardo, I thought I see if the Huracan was up to the challenge. Love the 6-spd G too much to part with it, so they're stable mates now.
    Attached Images Attached Images Starting Over....-garage-jpg 

Welcome and congrats on your H! It's great that you kept the 6speed Galalrdo too, even if it's much faster and smoother nothing can beat the clanck noise of changing gears in a 6speed. How do you like the H so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    How do you like the H so far?
    I'm amazed at how different the car is from the Gallardo, but all in a good way. Still getting used to the limited visibility out the rear and I'm paranoid about hitting potholes with the low profile tires on the front. Indiana roads are pretty crappy this time of year.

Welcome and congrats on your Huracan! The Huracan is the first Lambo that i own so i can't make any comparison with other Lambos. Just out of curiosity what would be the selling price of a Gallardo like yours nowadays in US?
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

That's what I love seeing, a supercar owner that drives it and doesn't worry about mileage and resell. I am the same exact way. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Klauss View Post
    Just out of curiosity what would be the selling price of a Gallardo like yours nowadays in US?
    I actually have no idea. I don't think there are any other cars out there with that kind of mileage. I'd probably look to see what the 50,000 mile cars are going for and subtract another $10-$20K (US).

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post
    I actually have no idea. I don't think there are any other cars out there with that kind of mileage. I'd probably look to see what the 50,000 mile cars are going for and subtract another $10-$20K (US).
    Klauss asked you this because here in Europe on Gallardos with similar specs like yours but half the mileage we see prices of under 70k believe it or not.

Did you get many heavy costs with the Gallardo and all those miles?
    I too have just come out of a 2011 LP Gallardo Spyder to my Huracan and its another world.....
    2015 Huracan LP610-4 Verde, Akrapovic Exhaust
    2005 Audi S4 Cab, Black (Daily)
    2011 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder, Arancio with black Calistos, Orange calipers, Fabspeed Exhaust, BMC Carbon Filters, ECU & TCU Remap, Stealth Hifi upgrade (Gone)

Quote Originally Posted by baldguy View Post
    Did you get many heavy costs with the Gallardo and all those miles?
    No, not at all. The car is a 2006. By the time it was built a lot of the early issues with the car were sorted out and, of course, the 6-spd manual avoids all the e-gear issues. But I am now starting to see some "wear out" items starting to surface.

I replaced the starter late last year ($110.00 for a rebuilt VW unit in stock at the local auto parts store). The clutch master cylinder just recently gave up the ghost and I'm working on replacing that now. I'm still on my second clutch (over 85K miles on it now). The engine's never been touched, although oil consumption has increased. But I'm not going to do a top end overhaul to save a few quarts of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post
    But I'm not going to do a top end overhaul to save a few quarts of oil.
    Do you have a price estimate on this job from your dealer?