Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starting Over....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Do you have a price estimate on this job from your dealer?
    No. Things would have to get a lot worse to even consider opening up the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post
    No. Things would have to get a lot worse to even consider opening up the engine.
    Agreed! I was just curious because as i previously said high mileage Galalrdos over here sell for nothing, probably the necesity and cost of such a maintanance work justify their 60k price tag.

Maybe I just got lucky with my particular car, but the Gallardo seems to be a very reliable car that can really gobble up the mileage with few ill effects. But I am religious on the fluid changes (engine oil, gearbox, brake fluid), the interior and exterior were always kept clean, and most importantly, I never abused the car - cold engine revving, burn-outs, etc. I've driven the car across the country (Indiana to California and back) five times now, so over 25K of those miles were at 3000 rpm with only 10 gear changes in every 4 hours of driving.

I've seen a couple of Gallardos the same age with one tenth the miles as mine and they drove like crap. I wouldn't have given $40K for one of them. My car at $60K would be a steal.

By the way, the new car's already been on the track. Here's a poor shot of me on the track at Daytona, the day after the Rolex24 race in January.
    Attached Images Attached Images Starting Over....-daytona-jpg 

Maybe I just got lucky with my particular car, but the Gallardo seems to be a very reliable car that can really gobble up the mileage with few ill effects. But I am religious on the fluid changes (engine oil, gearbox, brake fluid), the interior and exterior were always kept clean, and most importantly, I never abused the car - cold engine revving, burn-outs, etc. I've driven the car across the country (Indiana to California and back) five times now, so over 25K of those miles were at 3000 rpm with only 10 gear changes in every 4 hours of driving.

I've seen a couple of Gallardos the same age with one tenth the miles as mine and they drove like crap. I wouldn't have given $40K for one of them. My car at $60K would be a steal.
    Agreed, maintenance and exploitation of the vehicle over it's ownership period is crucial for how it looks and drives after years of ownership, two similar cars as age and miles can feel totally different. It's great that you had a chance to track your H! Could you do a comparison to the Gallardo?

My car at $60K would be a steal.
    I agree that here you can find Gallardos at this price but as you said they are far from perfect... Believe it or not on high mileage cars manual transmissions hold their value better compared to e-gear models.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan