Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rear view camera quality
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
    DRIVE FASTER...and lower
    Tru Dat !

OEM high res camera's are out there...anyone tried switching it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc View Post
    OEM high res camera's are out there...anyone tried switching it out?
    Thank you for raising this subject. I was actually talking to one technician that said the camera itself might not be the reason but its focus. So its set to focus on close objects and the background seems to be blurry. If this is the case then a software update would do the trick, not an entire new camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Thank you for raising this subject. I was actually talking to one technician that said the camera itself might not be the reason but its focus. So its set to focus on close objects and the background seems to be blurry. If this is the case then a software update would do the trick, not an entire new camera.
    Focus has nothing to do with it. It's either the digitizer sw (resolution) or the CDD (resolution). So yes, sw update (digitizer) or hw (camera).

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Focus has nothing to do with it. It's either the digitizer sw (resolution) or the CDD (resolution). So yes, sw update (digitizer) or hw (camera).
    I'm not good at tech but the bottom idea was that it could be done from the soft, not changing the camera itself.

If there anything that I hate about the Huracan, its this. There as budget cars with better backup camera. The resolution is terrible. Its not about focus, the image is very pixelated so this tells me its the sensor probably and not the glass. Software is not likely to get you to where others in the class are right now. Even the Aventador is 10X better. Lamborghini WTF?

have anyone ever switched up? aftermarket one?
    if its not too expensive i want to change my camera ASAP

Make sure all the updates are done,mine worked a little better.Of course not a good as a Nissan though....

it would be good if we could get a little better picture quality, for sure. At present, it's abysmal - at night by streetlight/parking lot lights, it's unusable.

Anima sana in corpore sano

My R8 had the same quality and so does my wifes brand new Q3 so I assume it's the same camera setup. The camera itself is probably from 2005 lol.
    -2017 LP580-2 [White/Rosso Alala] December Delivery (Includes Sensonum sound system & Ad personam logo stitch in Rosso Alala)
    -2018 Huracan Superleggera (name on wait list)
    -2012 R8 V10 *SOLD*
    -2015 X5 XDrive50 with M sport package
    -2016 Q3 with S-Line & 20" 5 Arm Rotor wheels