Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    New R8 plus is out, same engine same Hp same speed as Huracan.
    I have a feeling if we compare the same options of an R8 plus and a Huracan the price delta will be at least $40,000++

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    15K suit?? what brand is that? Tom Ford only costs around 5000?
    When you pass the "mainstream" luxury brands, there are tons of tailor made options by designers that charge premiums for their hand made setups. There are suits up to a 100k these days. Gucci, Chanel, LV, etc are all mainstream brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini. There is a word above them similar to how there is Bugatti, Pagani, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    When you pass the "mainstream" luxury brands, there are tons of tailor made options by designers that charge premiums for their hand made setups. There are suits up to a 100k these days. Gucci, Chanel, LV, etc are all mainstream brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini. There is a word above them similar to how there is Bugatti, Pagani, etc.
    Respect!!!!

You are comparing apples to oranges. If you have the same exact beef and the only difference is your silverware and plate, then that would be a fair comparison. The R8 V10+ is literally a different plate and silverware than the Huracan.

I care about tangible worth, not ego pissing matches. I'm not the person who buys a Lamborghini and puts 3k miles on it over the course of 5 years. I drove my previous exotic daily and had 20k miles in one year, my Huracan will be the same. However, 80k more for a badge that saids look at me has no value. There was value going from an R8 to a Gallardo, as of right now there seems to be no real value to go from an R8 V10+ to a Huracan unless the price difference is 25k or less. That 80k would be much better suited for a 20k Rolex, 15k suit, and the rest for rallys.

However this argument is pointless until the pricing is revealed since I highly doubt VAG would make such a big price difference between the two especially considering the LP560 started at $202,000 and the R8 V10+ started at $182,000 which at that point a 20k premium is worth the Lamborghini upgrade. I'm guessing the R8 V10+ will launch around 225k if not more depending on what is standard and what isn't. The beauty of the R8 V10+ is that everything was pretty much included and navi is $100 more and really your only other choices are seat options. The Huracan on the other hand includes nothing that matters so that base $237,500 might as well just be $260,000 since that is pretty much the average cost.
    You probably buy used as well I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    You probably buy used as well I'm guessing.
    In the past 4 years I've bought 9 cars all brand new and paid cash for each one. I've bought one used car in my life which was a Golf R. I bought my GTR for 106k cash and sold her a year later. Also have an S6 I paid a little over 90k for and my Huracan sits at roughly 300k. By the time it arrives she'll have 150k down and the remainder paid when the invoice arrives.

The shocking part is how old I am, but we'll be quiet about that since I'm not in the mood to "prove" myself nor get into a work discussion

In the past 4 years I've bought 9 cars all brand new and paid cash for each one. I've bought one used car in my life which was a Golf R. I bought my GTR for 106k cash and sold her a year later. Also have an S6 I paid a little over 90k for and my Huracan sits at roughly 300k. By the time it arrives she'll have 150k down and the remainder paid when the invoice arrives.

The shocking part is how old I am, but we'll be quiet about that since I'm not in the mood to "prove" myself nor get into a work discussion
    Money, no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    Money, no problem!
    Perks of 100 hour work weeks and self employment. However the lack of sleep and social life is a downside.

its that balance.....I often say to my partner were both so busy with our company the rewards some times get over shadowed by the hours and commitment it takes to purchase the rewards in the first place !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso View Post
    I have a feeling if we compare the same options of an R8 plus and a Huracan the price delta will be at least $40,000++
    Probably half of that and for those money it's a no brainer. #LamboFTW

I think i will keep my Lambo as exotic and my A4 allroad as daily driver, lets not mix things...
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan