Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    New R8 plus is out, same engine same Hp same speed as Huracan.
    If the R8 V10+ is going to be $200,000 USD, I see no reason for a Huracan unless there a few specific options that are a make it break it.

So far the R8 has everything from the full display screen, dual clutch, ceramics, etc. Even has the rear window as standard. So far the only benefit I can see is a lift system in the Huracan, aggressive color options, interior, and the brand. Exhausts can be swapped on both platforms.

If the base V10 is 200k and the V10+ is starting at 235k, I can see a market for a Huracan, but 70k for cool paint and interior isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    If the R8 V10+ is going to be $200,000 USD, I see no reason for a Huracan unless there a few specific options that are a make it break it.

So far the R8 has everything from the full display screen, dual clutch, ceramics, etc. Even has the rear window as standard. So far the only benefit I can see is a lift system in the Huracan, aggressive color options, interior, and the brand. Exhausts can be swapped on both platforms.

If the base V10 is 200k and the V10+ is starting at 235k, I can see a market for a Huracan, but 70k for cool paint and interior isn't worth it.
    well, It all depends on how much you value Lamborghini as A brand ( the wow factor) and how much you are willing to pay for the exclusivity and the sleek design. Like u said, It would certainly hurt Huracan Market, if the new R8+ was priced too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    Looks like the thing to do now !
    Fancy a R8 v10 Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    Fancy a R8 v10 Plus?
    Not at all, sir.

You are being silly,
    Like comparing Peter Luger's steak to the Outback's one.
    Both are beef, both have same nutritional value. Get real.

I guess design and styling (not to mention other intangibles) have no worth to people like you. In Ferrari-speak... "maybe you're not Lamborghini material".

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    I guess design and styling (not to mention other intangibles) have no worth to people like you. In Ferrari-speak... "maybe you're not Lamborghini material".
    ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    You are being silly,
    Like comparing Peter Luger's steak to the Outback's one.
    Both are beef, both have same nutritional value. Get real.
    You are comparing apples to oranges. If you have the same exact beef and the only difference is your silverware and plate, then that would be a fair comparison. The R8 V10+ is literally a different plate and silverware than the Huracan.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    I care about tangible worth, not ego pissing matches. I'm not the person who buys a Lamborghini and puts 3k miles on it over the course of 5 years. I drove my previous exotic daily and had 20k miles in one year, my Huracan will be the same. However, 80k more for a badge that saids look at me has no value. There was value going from an R8 to a Gallardo, as of right now there seems to be no real value to go from an R8 V10+ to a Huracan unless the price difference is 25k or less. That 80k would be much better suited for a 20k Rolex, 15k suit, and the rest for rallys.

However this argument is pointless until the pricing is revealed since I highly doubt VAG would make such a big price difference between the two especially considering the LP560 started at $202,000 and the R8 V10+ started at $182,000 which at that point a 20k premium is worth the Lamborghini upgrade. I'm guessing the R8 V10+ will launch around 225k if not more depending on what is standard and what isn't. The beauty of the R8 V10+ is that everything was pretty much included and navi is $100 more and really your only other choices are seat options. The Huracan on the other hand includes nothing that matters so that base $237,500 might as well just be $260,000 since that is pretty much the average cost.

You are comparing apples to oranges. If you have the same exact beef and the only difference is your silverware and plate, then that would be a fair comparison. The R8 V10+ is literally a different plate and silverware than the Huracan.

I care about tangible worth, not ego pissing matches. I'm not the person who buys a Lamborghini and puts 3k miles on it over the course of 5 years. I drove my previous exotic daily and had 20k miles in one year, my Huracan will be the same. However, 80k more for a badge that saids look at me has no value. There was value going from an R8 to a Gallardo, as of right now there seems to be no real value to go from an R8 V10+ to a Huracan unless the price difference is 25k or less. That 80k would be much better suited for a 20k Rolex, 15k suit, and the rest for rallys.

However this argument is pointless until the pricing is revealed since I highly doubt VAG would make such a big price difference between the two especially considering the LP560 started at $202,000 and the R8 V10+ started at $182,000 which at that point a 20k premium is worth the Lamborghini upgrade. I'm guessing the R8 V10+ will launch around 225k if not more depending on what is standard and what isn't. The beauty of the R8 V10+ is that everything was pretty much included and navi is $100 more and really your only other choices are seat options. The Huracan on the other hand includes nothing that matters so that base $237,500 might as well just be $260,000 since that is pretty much the average cost.
    Well said, very insightful. R8 does include many standard options such as transparent engine bay, Navi, parking sensor , video camera , variable steering and Audi Care service package which can save a lot. however we don't know how Audi is going to offer this time around. wait and see. if $40000 was the difference , I would be glad to have bought the H. It is just more of a headturner than R8, even after R8 made appearances in Ironman and 50 shades of Grey

15K suit?? what brand is that? Tom Ford only costs around 5000?