Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    New R8 plus is out, same engine same Hp same speed as Huracan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosso View Post
    You can expect amazing build quality from Audi as usual and I assume an aggressive aftermarket exhaust will bring the sound closer to a stock Huracan.

Let's face it the R8 V10 will probably be a bargain buy compared to the Huracan you just won't have the Lamborghini badging, exhaust note and body styling but everything thing else will be pretty much the same.

I am a little disappointed that they did not leave a slight performance advantage to the Huracan like they did on current generation model and Gallardo.
    I Know! So was I. I think Audi played safe and conservative with old R8, Old R8 interior was a bloody shame! Audi did not intend to hurt the Gallardo market. Lamborghini as a company was running on a deficit. After the release of Huracan, It is a more well-rounded car than Gallardo. It will sell more units in the coming years. I think the inception of the new R8 plus will only exert a minimum impact on Huracan demand. Admittedly everything being equal but cheaper, Lambo guys will not buy the new R8 plus hehe?! That s how arrogant we are. lol

Well I agree that a Huracan buyer is not typically looking at Audi when shopping for an exotic car but now the decision to pay more for a Huracan over an R8 becomes an emotional decision and not performance or value driven one.

I admit I would still pick a Huracan over R8 having both options but I think VW group should not have diluted the value of the Huracan by making the R8 cheaper with the EXACT performance and technology.

It seems like they don't care that much about product cannibilzation and the brands are still fiercely competing against one another.

For me it is also a question of price ratio.
    I mean Audi R8V10 plus are 189k€ here in FRANCE and lmx model is up to 200k€, around 210k€ with correct option setting, huracan with option for my case make it around 229k€, so for 19k difference, YES off course i will prefer the original bull instead the copy ;-)
    If R8 lmx was 150k€, sorry guys but i should be on r8 forum :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    It may well have the same top speed and bhp but ain't no lambo, simple as that
    Exactly right. What sounds better... "I drive an Audi" or "I drive a Lamborghini"?

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Exactly right. What sounds better... "I drive an Audi" or "I drive a Lamborghini"?
    Usually R8 Owners would skip the Audi part, say I drive an R8.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    19k extra is a bargain for that Lambo badge. Just for that, but i'm sure Audi cut some things from the Huracan too, they are not 100% identical.

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    Usually R8 Owners would skip the Audi part, say I drive an R8.
    Of course they would I would too if I drove an Audi.

This bodes well for even more discounts now, on the Huracan. Thank you, VW/Audi !

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    This bodes well for even more discounts now, on the Huracan. Thank you, VW/Audi !
    you going to buy another one?

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    you going to buy another one?
    Looks like the thing to do now !