Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

engine bay, carbon

engine bay, carbon
    Sevenoaks have just got there first car with a factory fit transparent engine cover, looking at the pics on twitter it seems as though its matt black, the description reads in the option book with'' carbon composite '' engine bay or the new bowling ball material. I'm taking it for the value of that option it does come in the new carbon?? as standard, unless the pics are from a car that has had a cover retro fitted at the dealers, then I take it that would have the standard black finish.??

That also looks like black to me, not carbon by any means...
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

The carbon composit isn't glossy like the pre-prodution cars had. Too much glare and reflection in the rear window apparently. Not a big fan of the carbon composite, but less of a fan of the louvers. So it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by goldencrust View Post
    Sevenoaks have just got there first car with a factory fit transparent engine cover, looking at the pics on twitter it seems as though its matt black, the description reads in the option book with'' carbon composite '' engine bay or the new bowling ball material. I'm taking it for the value of that option it does come in the new carbon?? as standard, unless the pics are from a car that has had a cover retro fitted at the dealers, then I take it that would have the standard black finish.??
    we offer replacement panel in carbon fiber same oem shape style etc available in gloss or matte carbon. let me know if we can help. i didn't like the carbon composite either and decided to make them myself.engine bay, carbon-20150104_102828-jpgengine bay, carbon-20150104_102834-jpg

and then also changed the glass bonnet ones to carbon as well instead of the black

engine bay, carbon-20150104_102808-jpgengine bay, carbon-20150104_102808-jpg

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

Can you PM me a price for the full engine bay carbon along with the louvers too. Do you guys also make a full carbon rear bumper?
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    Can you PM me a price for the full engine bay carbon along with the louvers too. Do you guys also make a full carbon rear bumper?
    yes will do! and no we don't make a rear bumper for it just yet. working on a few ideas but it will be tough. the way its mounted makes it very difficult.

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

I think they mean they have the first factory fit window option that doesn't have the carbon fiber option tagged on. The reason the rear window is so expensive is simply the carbon fiber engine bay. I believe new orders have factory slits, upgraded window with carbon fiber composite, and now upgraded window with factory slit material. They also have new floor mats, new wheel paint codes, factory sports exhaust, and a few other new goodies.

Also, it'd be interesting to see if there is a real weight difference or just aesthetics...which IMO is not very nice looking. Old school carbon fiber or Mitch's setup is much more exciting and worth the upgrade cost.

I ticked the one in the options book,£ 5200 which says carbon composite. its in a matt finish as someone else mentioned due to the reflection hence why it took a long time to re design, why I held back on my order until it was ready, so from what were hearing there's an option just to have the cover without he carbon? im at my dealers today so i'll find out........there car may have that, or its been retro fitted on site but it dossnt read that way.....got the mats coming and factory black wheels and matt black vents and centre console as they will do them with the alcantara now .

...... So from what we're hearing there's an option just to have the cover without the carbon? I'm at my dealers today so i'll find out........their car may have that, or it's been retro fitted on site but it doesn't read that way.....
    goldencrust,
    Are you saying that presently you can now order the glass engine hatch WITHOUT the chopped-style carbon fiber engine bay panels?
    Great news, if so. Keep us posted, please.