The FIRST Supercharged Huracan Spyder in the country!

The FASTEST Huracan Spyder in the country ... maybe the world even!
    Gotta send a huge shout out to the team at Motorwerks of Houston for completing the first
    full VF800 Supercharger System installation on a 2017 Lamborghini Huracan Spyder
    LP 610-4
    ... now appropriately dubbed the Spyder VF 800-4!

Anyone seeking VF Engineering / HEX Tuning - Supercharger / Software products in or around
    Houston, TX should definitely be giving these guys a call.

We're beyond stoked on how great their entire crew is!

Last edited by VF-Engineering; 02-01-2017 at 01:02 AM.
    ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

P: 714-528-0066
    E: sales@vf-engineering.com
    http://www.VFE1.com

So you're saying this car is faster than the muiltiple Stage 3 H Spyder's Underground Racing is letting loose on the streets?

Specs of this build?

I for one would challenge the statement of the subject of this thread!

Great looking car though!
    Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

Quote Originally Posted by FC Corp View Post
    So you're saying this car is faster than the muiltiple Stage 3 H Spyder's Underground Racing is letting loose on the streets?

Specs of this build?

I for one would challenge the statement of the subject of this thread!

Great looking car though!

Accidental click bait!

I actually did a quick google search before posting but didn't find any Twin Turbo Spyders.

A second deeper search (inspired by your post above) and I did find a Verde Mantis Spyder they did.

Thread title has been edited ... although I have a feeling our 0-60 (and possibly 0-100) would give them a run for their money.
    ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post
    Accidental click bait!

I actually did a quick google search before posting but didn't find any Twin Turbo Spyders.

A second deeper search (inspired by your post above) and I did find a Verde Mantis Spyder they did.

Thread title has been edited ... although I have a feeling our 0-60 (and possibly 0-100) would give them a run for their money.
    They have two or three or more and I know the owner is building his own at this time.

Will you provide specs to your build? I trust 800-4 refers to the HP? At the wheels? What octane? Post a Dyno?

Here are some threads from some other boards. Hope the Admin here doesn't mind me posting them.

my BLUE LE MANS spyder, Before turbos (before turbo upgrade) - Lamborghini Forum

World's 1st Twin Turbo Huracan Spyder by Underground Racing - Lambo Power

Thanks!

Update: Went to your website and saw the specs, not sure I saw anything about warranty?

The price listed, does that include installation or just the kit?

Interested to see how this performs and holds up, may be my way to go since I recently burned a bridge!

2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

Hey FC,

I did my best to answer most of your questions below in blue.
    If you'd like to discuss anything in more detail, feel free to PM me your e-mail and/or phone number and I can have someone contact your directly.

Quote Originally Posted by FC Corp View Post
    Will you provide specs to your build? I trust 800-4 refers to the HP? At the wheels? What octane? Post a Dyno?

You are correct that the VF800 refers to the power level.
    800 is the horsepower level as measured at the crank. (roughly 640+ at the wheels measure on our Mustang AWD Dyno)
    That works out to be an increase of just shy of 200HP over factory.

As a California company we test and tune primarily on 91 Octane.
    Because we calibrate for power using the factory ECU, the ability to efficiently adapt based on fuel quality, weather, driving conditions, etc... all remain intact and function just as intended from the factory.
    IMPORTANT: This also means that you maintain the ability to use all three drive modes (Strada / Sport / Corsa ) just as they were intended for a factory car!

We do also offer additional software levels for use with race fuel that can be updated through the OBDII port for when you go to the race track and/or drag strips or air strip events.

(I'll add a few dyno plots in a later post)

Update: Went to your website and saw the specs, not sure I saw anything about warranty?

2 Year - 20,000 mile warranty on parts and against manufacturer defect.

One thing to note is that we have been selling our Superchargers for the 5.2L V10 engine since 2010.
    They are specifically developed for direct bolt on installation with OEM like drivability and reliability.
    We have customers who have accumulated tens of thousands of miles (some well into the 6-figures), both daily driven and with extensive track use. The only replaceable item in our entire kit is the supercharger belt, and the blower unit itself has a 100,000 mile service life. We use all OEM grade pulleys and tensioners which means you do nothing more than standard routine service at your dealer, and drive!

The price listed, does that include installation or just the kit?

The retail price is for the system alone.
    We have a world wide dealer network for installation, so labor rates may vary.
    If you are not in a region with a local dealer, we can discuss an in-house build at our facility in California.
    NOTE: Average installation time is 3 - 5 days!

Interested to see how this performs and holds up, may be my way to go since I recently burned a bridge!

For anyone not looking to set local "straight line" 1/2 mile and 1 mile records, I can't see why our system wouldn't be absolutely satisfying in every way. Performance testing with MotorTrend puts the VF800 Huracan on par with the McLaren P1, Porsche 918, and La Ferrari. Power delivery is nearly identical to stock, just increased proportionately across the entire rev range. This yields a truly OEM like driving experience, just a whole lot faster.
    ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    Proudly Made in the USA.

VF, thanks for the details, I appreciate it.

May be waiting as I will be ordering the Performante Spyder as soon as it becomes available.

2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

I visit MW of Houston regularly. They said this one is pretty quick!

Saw the car this morning again

Any times on the 1/4 with your SC setup?

2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)