Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My huracan arrived _ review as well

My huracan arrived _ review as well
    Was deciding between 458 Italia, 458 Speciale, California T, F12, 650s, 12c, Aventador,
    Ferrari 458 - i think the front half of the car looks plain and flat. Back half is sexy but i just can't get over the front half ready to be Scuderized and Speciale-ized - purposely generic.
    Ferrari Speciale - i like it but way too noisy - great for track but not for cruising. Nimble almost to the point of oversteer. Love it in yellow with the lines but didn't like the back - the exhaust pipes had to be split unlike the regular centre three pipe version (which makes the back half of 458 Italia awesome) .
    F12 - Steering is light and felt like a car for those who graduated from the track like feel - GT car but throttle and engine a deterrent at low speeds (always driving like you are going downhill on 2nd gear) - Best highway long distance cruiser super car.
    California T - OK this is not a super car - BUT it's the best mercedes SL beater in the world. Awesome GT car - handles like a BMW for sedan driving.
    650s - looks like a 60k Japanese tricked car. can't do it.
    12c - Second best choice - especially in grey metallic. Scissors door are cool and the best handling of all the cars on this list. I just couldn't come to the right price agreement since the dealer refused to acknowledge that these puppies need to be decked in price because of 6502 and the new 911 fighter coming up. Also the screen map etc sucked and body didn't feel as tight because of air leaks and quality issues.
    Aventador - truck like feel when turning, violent gear change (2012 model), later models are better but still not smooth, presence is awesome but its too impractically big - would have created a parking problem. Seat position awkwardly high since i have a long torso and 6ft

Huracan - two cars in one. In Strada mode - a nice cruiser on highway and mushy handling (perfect for non-focused daily driving) ; in sport or corsa mode - it's brutally fast particularly on 2nd and 3rd gear - and becomes a nimble sportscar. The exhaust is not as high a pitch as 458 but this v10's have an extra subwoofer like bass that i love even at low rpms. the tires stick like glue on turns and i fully understand why it "feels" like understeer cuz it is just glued and in corsa mode the tail doesn't slide when it should compared to a 458 so people think it understeers. At high speeds understeer kicks in but for normal highway and street driving it is just right. There is an overall sterileness compared to the other cars, but i think its because this car exemplifies simple and beautiful. NA engine, clean lines (makes aventador look like an insect with complicated angles) - i think this is the car that in many ways is the modern descendant of countach with clean design lines in my opinion. Classic cars have simple curve lines mixed with angles. This is it. If you like simple design that is aesthetically pleasing, it doesn't have a rival in the mkt now.

4,5,6,7 gears are good but not as thrilling as 2nd and 3rd. the double clutch makes it one of the smoothest gear change of the whole list of cars above - and perhaps makes the upper gears boring but when you can keep cranking with butter smooth gear changes - it is a modern wonder.

Two "lucky" design elements. Style package - was worried about the low bar in front being painted black. IT IS VERY HARD TO SEE HOW GOOD THE STYLE PACKAGE LOOKS IN PHOTO versus real person. the contrast of most phones and monitors don't do justice since the black gloss doesn't show well (as evidence by my pictures) BUT it is amazing to see how much more aggressive and cool the style package looks - back side looks lower with the black pipes. The front looks more aggressive. I was regretting i ordered this package the entire time until i got the car!!!! recommended!

The air conditioning ducts in front - definitely got lucky with the black version and not the shiny aluminum ones. I had no clue which i would get but luckily i got the right ones. Makes it easier to drive during the day and looks more high-end.

The DASH is awesome because it has no big screen the middle console (it screams - focus looking forward only and who cares who is driving next to you - this car is for the driver ONLY) - and the navi is THE BEST out of all super cars and it is so cool to show it on the driver dash. the is the future for cars - ferrari has them on the left side - but the navi sucks and if i want it in the middle when i am looking for a place driving in auto in a stop and go city - this can't be beat.

I am an audiophile and i was surprised how good the generic stereos sounds.....better than B&O or Meridian - but not as good as the burmeisters on Mercedes. Need to drop treble a little but as i use it more - it should mellow. Bass is the best in modern super cars. Best sounding generic stereo ever and i have owned may cars. But then once you start driving unless you are cruising on 7th gear, the v10 sounds sweeter. i often find turning off my stereo just to hear the engine sing. It's a baritone compared to ferrari's soprano.

there are a few kinks - side mirrors are good but not as easy to see as aventadors. the CHK light doesn't go off - and no explanation why - and its not a system check sign on the dash. It shows the message of prior alerts - dumb nomenclature. The 12V battery charger outlet is in the arm holder - too far for radar detectors and it doesn't even fit any mid sized smartphones. Why didn't they put USB outlets instead of the second SD card slot on the source player?

The left right signal - what a disaster - it sucks. It needs to be bigger and stick out more and have a rubbery non slip material - instead that have the shiny plastic material - makes it slippery with cold hands - it is the dumbest feature in the car. Ferrari handles implement this better - Mclaren the best (old fashioned style)

Paddles are awesome - light not too clicky but not mushy. Black metallic so that it doesn't visibly interfere and its long enough so it can change gears while turning the wheel. Really nice job Lambo!

All in all very satisfied and will be happy until they replace the aventador with better handling and double clutch - with simpler lines externally. - oh it's the Huracan SV!
    Attached Images Attached Images My huracan arrived _ review as well-img_4633-jpg My huracan arrived _ review as well-img_4635-jpg My huracan arrived _ review as well-img_4637-jpg My huracan arrived _ review as well-img_4642-jpg 

Good insight on the Huracan. Agree with your assessment of the other exotics. I looked at the speciale and it is too loud. Great track car. I just sold my 458 as my Huracan has a build date of May 2015. I also have the style package with black wheels but in Giallo Midas. If you had selected black on black leather the AC vents would have been matte black to match the interior.

What is your thoughts of the exhaust note from the Huracan? When I drove the Huracan at the Lambo track day the car does not scream like my 458 during acceleration. I am checking to see if I can add the latest sport exhaust option before the build. Why did the check engine light come on ?

Thanks
    2015 GT3
    2014 CLA45 AMG
    2014 GT-R

Nice review. I think Arancio borealis is a great color choice and I dig the bicolore interior. Mima's look great. It's actually how I'd have ordered it. Appreciate the explanation of what the styling package actually is & your opinion of it. I wondered why some cars had the front middle piece painted the body color and others had it black. I prefer it black, even in pics. Any pics of rear pipes? Agree the turn signals are awkward but I think it saves a lot of space and feel I could probably get used to it with time. I drove two different H cars and both times remember the side mirrors being one of my favorite components actually. Not from a functional perspective but aesthetically I found the shape and stance of them to be aggressive. I found 12c paddles were too firm to pull in comparison to H and feel the 650s makes it dated. McLaren has also been very buggy these past few years. That and sparce dealers are a poor combo. I feel like too many friends have the 458. Wonder if they make more than 3k annually. Certainly feels like it. Did u opt for the racing exhaust? Stock one seemed like it was trying too hard with those back crackles and closed up valves. The exhaust upgrade is expensive but the sound is a big improvement imo. Hoping they do a spyder for 2016. Would probably order this fall for a spring 16 delivery if they make it. You have the coolest new supercar in the world right now which must be an awesome feeling. Are there any break in instructions in the manual? Are tires still rated for 5k miles like in the outgoing model? Is a battery tender necessary or can it sit unplugged if you run it once per week like was possible with Gallardo? Agree that the dash was a fantastic display. Congratulations and enjoy.
    Rick
    Maserati Granturismo Sport
    SRT Viper GTS
    Infiniti QX80

Good explanation of the style package painted "splitter". I too was worried about whether or not to order it. So glad I didn't. As I prefer it in body color, and the other gloss black exterior bits just don't look right (to me).

I agree the 458 exhaust screams. And it feels to me like a good digital recording. It sounds good at first but when you drive for a while you realize it's mising the smoothness and sounds edgy. I found the regular exhaust fine. Especially when in CORsa mode it opens up and it has the low end and middle end done right. Sounds more earthy to me. The "gargle" makes the lambo exhaust over the top but it's like listening to the pops and crack on a great vinyl record. I would check the corsa levels and see if you like it or not. Then decide.

I meant the side mirros are smaller than aventadors. But yes they are very cool looking and when they fold in and out they almost add an extra touch. When folded it looks very stylish as well.
    I think the owner manual is so so
    Similar on the tires
    Haven't owned it for a week so will write later about batteries

The check button is not a check engine light.
    It's check messege light but it's silly to out it on the dash
    When it first came on I thought it was to check engine.
    Italian German semiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHuracan View Post
    The check button is not a check engine light.
    It's check messege light but it's silly to out it on the dash
    When it first came on I thought it was to check engine.
    Italian German semiotics.
    They've had that "check" button on the dash from the inception of the Gallardo.
    I wish there was a way to tone down the Rice Krispies Exhaust Effect. It's a bit much, all the time.
    Nice car, enjoy !

Thanks for the heads up on the check message light. I probably would have freaked thinking it was the CEL. Enjoy the car. Beautiful options.
    2015 GT3
    2014 CLA45 AMG
    2014 GT-R

Great detailed review! Love the color combination!
    Huracan coming soon
    Aventador x 1