Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My First Impressions

My First Impressions
    Hi guys,
    I picked my car up about a week ago and the weather has been so bad that I haven't been able to take it out. So yesterday was my first real day taking it out. Overall it is simply amazing for the guys that have theirs already I'm sure you can agree with me, for the guys that do not have theirs yet just hold on a bit longer.
    The sound is amazing. The snaps and crackles on the downshifts in sport mode is godly. The only thing I have to say negative about it is that when your in sport mode and in automatic it really winds it out and if your not on it the intake sound really becomes annoying but thats easily fixable with just shifting up or putting it back in strada. Love the start up sound and the idle sound in sport mode. To me a car is perfect when it has the perfect idle sound.
    As far as the outside goes I love it. I love how low it looks and actually is but if you don't have the lift kit going over a not so bad bump suddenly turns into "I hope that was only the skid plate!" scenario. I experienced that a few times in one day.
    Interior now. This is where some minor flaws come into place. First, I find it extremely hard to see out of when your trying to operate in tight spaces. The backup camera don't even bother trying to use it, it makes the object behind you look ten times closer then it actually is but the sensors still say your fine. I HATE the plastic vents, don't even get me starter once somebody makes carbon pieces they are going straight in. Also the gauge cluster, one thing I don't like about that is how when you start it it starts in split mode then you have to go through and get to the revs (which is what I always keep it on). Seats are extremely comfortable and the rear section isn't that large for luggage.

Overall love my car. I'm defiantly keeping it for a little while.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    Hi guys,
    I picked my car up about a week ago and the weather has been so bad that I haven't been able to take it out. So yesterday was my first real day taking it out. Overall it is simply amazing for the guys that have theirs already I'm sure you can agree with me, for the guys that do not have theirs yet just hold on a bit longer.
    The sound is amazing. The snaps and crackles on the downshifts in sport mode is godly. The only thing I have to say negative about it is that when your in sport mode and in automatic it really winds it out and if your not on it the intake sound really becomes annoying but thats easily fixable with just shifting up or putting it back in strada. Love the start up sound and the idle sound in sport mode. To me a car is perfect when it has the perfect idle sound.
    As far as the outside goes I love it. I love how low it looks and actually is but if you don't have the lift kit going over a not so bad bump suddenly turns into "I hope that was only the skid plate!" scenario. I experienced that a few times in one day.
    Interior now. This is where some minor flaws come into place. First, I find it extremely hard to see out of when your trying to operate in tight spaces. The backup camera don't even bother trying to use it, it makes the object behind you look ten times closer then it actually is but the sensors still say your fine. I HATE the plastic vents, don't even get me starter once somebody makes carbon pieces they are going straight in. Also the gauge cluster, one thing I don't like about that is how when you start it it starts in split mode then you have to go through and get to the revs (which is what I always keep it on). Seats are extremely comfortable and the rear section isn't that large for luggage.

Nice write up. Overall you don't seem enthused by it--am I wrong? When I hear "keeping it for a little while" I never really knows what that means (pro/con). Really curious as to more in depth comments. You have a California, which is completely different. Obviously a 458 is closer to Huracan. Just interested in your thoughts.

Hi guys,

I was fortunate enough to try out the Huracan and the Aventador during the Lambo factory track days in Houston. The best part of the Huracan is their grip on the track at high speeds. What sold me was the high speed grip and minimal understeer. Not sure if your AC vents in the cali is that much different? I have the carbon fiber option in my 458 and still have plastic vents. I would agree the start up mode on the display is not ideal. Would be great if they can make a code change to allow locking the screen mode at exit.
    2015 GT3
    2014 CLA45 AMG
    2014 GT-R

Hi guys,

So we have one more confirmation that the lift is a must. I only had two test drives and i also remember the screen starts in split mode but since i only drive a Huracan two times it didn't bothered me, but i guess if you own and drive it a lot can be pretty annoying. As for interior, you already know my opinion, CF is a must have on any car!
    I must admit that i also wasn't very impressed by the camera, i actually had the feeling that the screen can take a much better resolution but the camera can't provide it.

Thanks for your impressions, i'm sure other things will pop out after you drive it more

Thank you on the review. And yes CF is a must!
    Huracan coming soon
    Aventador x 1

Carbon fiber is just graphite fibre, woven into a fabric, that has been saturated with a plastic resin.
    Interior-wise, it boils down to being decorative plastic coated trim; if that's your thing!

The backup camera don't even bother trying to use it, it makes the object behind you look ten times closer then it actually is but the sensors still say your fine.
    Better than appearing 10x farther away. I'm sure you'll get used to the scale factor eventially.

Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    Nice write up. Overall you don't seem enthused by it--am I wrong? When I hear "keeping it for a little while" I never really knows what that means (pro/con). Really curious as to more in depth comments. You have a California, which is completely different. Obviously a 458 is closer to Huracan. Just interested in your thoughts.
    What I mean by that is I'll keep for a year or so. See if I REALLY like it and then maybe keep in the lambo family and fully leave Ferrari. I'm full Ferrari at heart
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

What I mean by that is I'll keep for a year or so. See if I REALLY like it and then maybe keep in the lambo family and fully leave Ferrari. I'm full Ferrari at heart
    You'll break some hearts in Maranello with this post haha

That makes sense and seems fair.

Update the thread in a few more weeks and give us more feedback when you have time.