Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test Drives

Test Drives

Test Drives
    Drove the white demo in Boston and wasn't blown away. But now I've driven a Verde Mantis build in Chicago and I really like it. It has the sportivo interior and the colors alone made it more exciting. Actually liked the Giano wheels. Had to go back and hear their white demo for exhaust upgrade which sounded significantly different. But the option is 11,900? Does this sound right? Part of me wants to buy it now but seems pointless with months of snow ahead. Plus it had been driven 45 miles. If i order one instead think April or May delivery would be realistic? Also told the dual clutch lasts about 90k miles which is incredible. Is that the case? My first lambo was a Gallardo Spyder and I loved it. Finally warming up to the Huracan. I have a steep driveway and will store it up on a lift so tge front lift system is a must for me. I also like the glass rear bonnet better than louvers. Anyone love certain options they've ordered and feel as though they could've done without other options?
    Maserati Granturismo Sport
    SRT Viper GTS
    Infiniti QX80

A lot of questions but i think i can answer to many of them.

Yes, the race exhaust cost about that but it's much better than the regular one. When i get mine that option was not available. Still, wait for more aftermarket exhaust to hit the market first!

I think you have two options, you either get that one now or you wait till spring and you pick one one than thats already spec'd. If you order one now, they will give you a summer delivery date...

I'm in Europe and we have tall speed bumps, so the lift was a must for me too.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

The race exhaust is still not a factory option. It is installed by the dealer according to my sales guy. He suggest I consider this option before I take delivery. Personally it is very pricey considering some of the aftermarket options out there.
    2015 GT3
    2014 CLA45 AMG
    2014 GT-R

Thanks for the replies. My Viper build took seven months and I wanted to pull my hair out. Also, getting delivery in late June was torture as I felt I missed half of the 2013 season. Not sure I want to go through that again. Is the service interval the same on the H? On the Gallardo I used to change oil and flush brakes once per year, which ran about 900 bucks. Tires were two grand but I remember being at the wear bars at 7k miles. I'm not a big aftermarket guy. I like how the sport exhaust is factory and doesn't jeopardize the warranty. But a Tubi sounds great and costs so much less so I hear you. I remember the white one I drove had leather and the green one had Alcantara. I think I like them both but the lattER would be a nice change for me. Are the parking sensors a waste? They drive me nuts on my Maserati.
    Maserati Granturismo Sport
    SRT Viper GTS
    Infiniti QX80

I have the parking sensors and rear camera on my 458 and they keep me clear while parking as the 458 has rear visibility issues also. When I tried out the Huracan during the factory track day you cannot see out the back at all. I definitely would order the sensors and camera.
    2015 GT3
    2014 CLA45 AMG
    2014 GT-R

Sensors and Camera are a must now a days. You can never protect the car to much.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

I can confirm that some really good aftermarket exhaust systems are being made for the Huracan at a fraction of the oem race exhaust price.

Personally i would opt for camera and sensors, the visibility is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I can confirm that some really good aftermarket exhaust systems are being made for the Huracan at a fraction of the oem race exhaust price.

Personally i would opt for camera and sensors, the visibility is limited.
    After hearing the race exhaust, I think it's really worth it. It does seem like many of the exhaust won't be released and delivered to spring and I personally can't wait that long...I'm already dying to get the car and now you want me to wait for the exhaust
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    After hearing the race exhaust, I think it's really worth it. It does seem like many of the exhaust won't be released and delivered to spring and I personally can't wait that long...I'm already dying to get the car and now you want me to wait for the exhaust
    Definately not! Get it
    I want pics of your car! haha Imagine how many likes those will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Definately not! Get it
    I want pics of your car! haha Imagine how many likes those will get.
    Hopefully customs gets done quick and I can pick it up Saturday afternoon (US time)
    1954 Corvette