Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lift option really needed
    Thanks for the various feedback. I will keep it on the order as is. I guess I must have been lucky so far as i have yet to scrape in my 458 Italia here in Austin.
    2015 GT3
    2014 CLA45 AMG
    2014 GT-R

(Former lurker here) .... I have a question:
    Why all the fuss about the front scraping?
    I see that the listed ground clearance for the Huracan is 5.2" (133mm) and for a Honda Civic it is 5.5" (140mm).
    That means that a plain old Honda has 7mm more clearance .... that's pretty insignificant, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    I see that the listed ground clearance for the Huracan is 5.2" (133mm) and for a Honda Civic it is 5.5" (140mm).
    That means that a plain old Honda has 7mm more clearance .... that's pretty insignificant, no?
    In theory you are right but if you scrape your Huracan it will probably cost you the price of a Honda to repair it.

It's always better to prevent than to repair.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

If you're smart, you know it's not all about clearance, but rather angle of approach. Do the geometry, you'll quickly realize why the lift is required.

My California never scrapes (knock on wood) and thats not a high car by any means but its not low either. So going over bumps that my California would have no problem with but in my H that skid plate just makes me cry inside.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    If you're smart, you know it's not all about clearance, but rather angle of approach. Do the geometry, you'll quickly realize why the lift is required.
    Got it, cactus!
    However, I have two Lamborghinis and never once have I used the lifting system; nor, did I ever scrape the underside of the vehicles.
    No lift system is needed, if you drive judiciously.

more people in the uk are having due to traffic calming every where, also when you come to re sale a lot of these cars end up in under ground car parks in cities .....ive opted for it as it's become one of those options at re sale time!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldencrust View Post
    more people in the uk are having due to traffic calming every where, also when you come to re sale a lot of these cars end up in under ground car parks in cities .....ive opted for it as it's become one of those options at re sale time!!
    I can see it's use in that scenario ..... Thankfully, where I am, I might come across one of those 'speed humps' maybe once in 3 years.

Got it, cactus!
    However, I have two Lamborghinis and never once have I used the lifting system; nor, did I ever scrape the underside of the vehicles.
    No lift system is needed, if you drive judiciously.
    Again, it's all about unavoidable inclines, rather than speed bumps. That extra 1-2" gets you several more degrees of approach angle.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Again, it's all about unavoidable inclines, rather than speed bumps. That extra 1-2" gets you several more degrees of approach angle.
    I would assume, that anyone who drives is cognizant about angles of incidence; if not.... They shouldn't be driving a car.