Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First Service 1500 or 9k Miles
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Bet Rubuntu has never even owned a lambo before. Oil is the lifeline of the engine. It's best to preserve it. I purchased my Maserati new and manual says no service for 2 years or 12.5k but I changed oil before then anyway.
    As much as I generally disagree with Rubuntu, once a year is sufficient if you're driving < 10k and not tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Bet Rubuntu has never even owned a lambo before. Oil is the lifeline of the engine. It's best to preserve it. I purchased my Maserati new and manual says no service for 2 years or 12.5k but I changed oil before then anyway.
    Incorrect, Rainmaker.
    I'm happily onto my third brand new Lamborghini, plus been lucky to have owned tons of other (brand new) high performance icons over my lifetime.
    You must know way more about oil changes than those silly Maserati engineers, j/k !
    'Oil chemistry and engine technology have evolved tremendously in recent years, but you'd never know it from the quick-change behavior of American car owners. Driven by an outdated 3,000-mile oil change commandment, they are unnecessarily spending millions of dollars and spilling an ocean of contaminated waste oil'.
    An oil change every 3,000 to 5,000 miles is as necessary as getting a new smartphone every 12 months. Old habits die hard.

Maybe you're right. I was thinking about getting a Tesla which has no engine and no maintenance for 100k miles. Would be able to save 1/2 mill in oil and fuel costs with a lifetime of driving that vehicle.
    Maserati Granturismo Sport
    SRT Viper GTS
    Infiniti QX80

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    Incorrect, Rainmaker.
    I'm happily onto my third brand new Lamborghini, plus been lucky to have owned tons of other (brand new) high performance icons over my lifetime.
    You must know way more about oil changes than those silly Maserati engineers, j/k !
    'Oil chemistry and engine technology have evolved tremendously in recent years, but you'd never know it from the quick-change behavior of American car owners. Driven by an outdated 3,000-mile oil change commandment, they are unnecessarily spending millions of dollars and spilling an ocean of contaminated waste oil'.
    An oil change every 3,000 to 5,000 miles is as necessary as getting a new smartphone every 12 months. Old habits die hard.
    I get a new Smartphone every 12 months..
    '15 Huracan
    '14 GT3
    '11 458
    '09 Scuderia UGR TT

Quote Originally Posted by Streetking View Post
    I get a new Smartphone every 12 months..
    Marty Cooper is smiling at those who do.

yeah i still scratch my head on how dealers / manufactures say that. i've heard they to that because they have to meet certain federal laws for maintenance and cost of ownership etc. but either way working on cars for a living that is the biggest line of crap lol i agree with sw it is cheap insurance on these cars. doesn't matter what the car is change fluids!!

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

Lol, Lambo Mitch .... "Cheap insurance" for what, may I ask?
    95% of owners ... Keep these cars for just a few years! Just what exactly are you protecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    Lol, Lambo Mitch .... "Cheap insurance" for what, may I ask?
    95% of owners ... Keep these cars for just a few years! Just what exactly are you protecting?
    that may be true but for those who don't of your regular cars, older etc the cheap insurance comes from clients bringing me their cars having to spend money unnecessarily due to lack of maintenance.

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    www.famousautosports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo Mitch View Post
    that may be true but for those who don't of your regular cars, older etc the cheap insurance comes from clients bringing me their cars having to spend money unnecessarily due to lack of maintenance.
    I wouldn't consider manufacturers recommended service interval "lack of service". Which is what you're implying, by ONLY doing annual service.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    I wouldn't consider manufacturers recommended service interval "lack of service". Which is what you're implying, by ONLY doing annual service.
    its all relative. its like saying go to the dentist once a year but you don't brush your teeth. you want to keep anything nice it needs maintained properly. ask any mechanic how your oil looks in 3k and see what he says. of course everyone is entitled to do as they may, i'm more on the side of keeping my exotics in tip top shape.

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    www.famousautosports.com