Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thrust mode and wear and tear

Thrust mode and wear and tear
    Hey there fam,

Still searching for a used Huracan...Saw one a few days ago from a private seller, and he mentioned thrust mode. Later I started thinking could there potential for wear and tear if this is used a lot? Is there a way to tell how many times this was used in the car?

What do you think?

-R

Im sure he's referring to launch mode, call the dealer and ask if a ppi can detect # of launches....i have a 2015 900mile white one thats never been launched, tracked or really even driven....but its 235k

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60 freak View Post
    Im sure he's referring to launch mode, call the dealer and ask if a ppi can detect # of launches....i have a 2015 900mile white one thats never been launched, tracked or really even driven....but its 235k

Wow, what else do you use the car for?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Wow, what else do you use the car for?
    Photo shoots with nude models :-)

2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60 freak View Post
    Im sure he's referring to launch mode, call the dealer and ask if a ppi can detect # of launches....
    No, he's correct - it's called Thrust Mode, and yes, the dealer can do a reading on LARA, and determine the number of times Thrust Mode has been activated. Problem is, it records the number of times it has been ACTIVATED, not ACTUATED. One can activate it, to bring up Thrust Mode, but if you don't release the brake pedal to take off, you of course won't launch the car, but the car's computer will log it as one usage of Thrust Mode. My car will have one usage activated, but I just wanted to know if I was doing it correctly - I've never actually launched it!

And to answer the original question - yes, of course using Thrust Mode many times will cause premature wear on drivetrain components, as opposed to driving it gently all the time. But, it's part of what makes the car what it is - I will no doubt try Thrust Mode out at least once for shits and giggles. Life's too short to baby the car all the time!

Anima sana in corpore sano

With the new dual clutch thrust mode is nothing like what would happen in terms of wear like using launch control with the old egear. Huracan clutch is suppose to be good for like 40k+ miles so I don't thing using it occasionally will matter. I still have not tried it though, still confused by one part? In Corsa you must shift manually, but if in thrust mode will it shift at redline?

The Huracans have the same basic DC Trans as the 991 Turbo S,they are bullet proof.Not me,but I have a friend that has a 16 Huracan that launches and drag races it all the time at the track(10.59 @131mph) bone stock and the car has no issues at all...One of the cars maz.launched a 991 Turbo S 100 time in a row with now issues.I have had a 997 and 991 Turbo S and did probability 25 launches in each and have had no issues..

Rssf/Anyone,I may ,ya may bump to a Aventador S Coupe,I have a 2015 loaded H Coupe,Nav,Lifting System,Leather ,Glass Hatch and(274 new) a bunch more stuff.I bought it brand new from the dealer and it is as brand new,seriously brand new and has 707 miles on it. Metallic Black with the light brown leather.Never Raced or Launched.

I will consider cash offers(No BS ing)in preparation of getting the S Coupe...

I will do a good deal if some is serious,but do not bother me be with BS offers,the number will be in the same neighbor hood as Red Marks,but I will listen other if ya have the $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post
    still confused by one part? In Corsa you must shift manually, but if in thrust mode will it shift at redline?
    Yes, that is correct. As long as you don't click for an upshift (which would take you out of Thrust Mode), the transmission will shift gears for you in Corsa/Thrust Mode, at redline.

Anima sana in corpore sano

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    Yes, that is correct. As long as you don't click for an upshift (which would take you out of Thrust Mode), the transmission will shift gears for you in Corsa/Thrust Mode, at redline.
    Thanks, this is good to know and something I have been wondering (and worried) about. This way the car protects itself from me. :-) IS the redline protection in place for ANY manual mode of driving? Even on manual downshifts?
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's