Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

WARNING: Lamborghini Huracan brake issue / noise / vibration

WARNING: Huracan brake issue
    At 2200 miles my car begins having an issue under normal driving conditions. What happens is this, when you are at the last second or two before coming to a complete stop, the car makes a very weird "rubbing" or "moaning" noise. Hard to describe. Sound almost as if you pulled up a hand e-brake on an older car and you could hear your pads rubbing. Lamborghini themselves seem to be unwilling to do much to correct the issue. My dealer has had the car 3 times now and I have finally just taken the car back figuring well "I'll just live with it until I trade it" since I trade frequently. Initially, my frustration stemmed from my dealer saying there was no issue and that it was "a bottle of nasal spray in the glove compartment". Really? I should prob mention here that I am an avid enthusiast and have owned several exotics, including my current McLaren 650S. I have had my share of issues and am capable of identifying problems vs. simple annoyances. Then, the dealer explains that it must be because I had my calipers painted, which were done at 200 miles, giving the car 2000 full miles now with no noises until this point in time. Uh, no. Not the issue. Next they finally admit there is an issue and they swap out rotors and pads from a new car and voila, car fixed. So they turn to Lamborghini for guidance and are instructed to put my rotors/pads on my car and to now test rotor springs. They do so and prob. has not gone away. I actually took the car at this point prior to them driving it long enough to determine if issue was in fact fixed so I still have the car. So, lucky for me I discover that this is not exclusive to my car. The very next day another Huracan with 2000 on the odometer comes in with the same problem. Dealer sends pictures of the springs and calipers to Lamborghini after seeing some rusting on the springs where it appears rubbing my be occurring and wait for response. Lamborghini responds "Normal operation of car. Return to owner." REALLY great news...ugh. Now my car does it EVERY time I stop and the noise has gotten very loud. Almost to embarrassing levels. So, my assessment of this is that I am likely one of few owners who have reached 2000 miles on my car and I am an R&D guinea pig for what will likely become a common problem as others reach similar mileage. At moment, I am stuck with a car that I do not want to nor feel 100% safe driving. Even though it is a noise and a slight vibration (muted by electric steering), it is the brakes and that always raises safety concerns. I am lucky to have some connected friends in the automobile business that will assist me with reaching the correct people at VW to seek resolution, but what a hassle and still no guarantee.

Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Does anyone have 2K miles yet?

-Mike

Do you have pix of what is rusting and rubbing?

Same problem .2200 miles .
    Going to dealer tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
    Do you have pix of what is rusting and rubbing?
    I do not. The pics were taken of the 2nd car not mine. I don't have in my possession and I doubt dealer will be releasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by jcqt458 View Post
    Same problem .2200 miles .
    Going to dealer tomorrow .

Please direct message me here for my email address. I would like to stay in communication during the process. Perhaps we can help each other find the source of the issue or to get resolution otherwise.

-Mike

VW/Audi better step up to the plate, before someone gets injured.
    Defective brakes are not something to ignore.

I think I know what your referring too, when I would be going at a fairly high rate of speed(80+) than slow down, it wouldn't stop as fast as you'd think it should, it would kind of pulsate and take longer to stop when you would think it should be alot less for the car your in. I had 2500 miles on mine before I traded it in. It was one of the many complaints I made when they called for the phone survey after purchase...

I was driving mine the other day and noticed a small whistling noise behind my head. I just ignored it but has anyone heard any out of the ordinary noises.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

It was a 458 TURBO

I passed the 2500miles last we and already changed a full set of brake pads on the 4wheels, below you can have my feeling about brake system.

I don't understand so well your problem, sorry iam a stupid french :-) but i personally noticed not any specific problem on the brake after drove 500miles on the race track (nurburgring) 1month ago, only changed the brake pads who was used at 80%, but that's the normal life for oem brake pads in hard use for any brand.

But for sure what i can say is i don't like so much the feeling on the brake system on the huracan, when you push the car to the limit (on the road it is perfect, but on the track or hard pushing i don't like the feeling very well), something isn't natural on it, i mean my experience on the track with huracan was for exemple three curves with a very hard brake pedal and the three next curve soft pedal, three next curves hard pedal etc...
    It is difficult to fully thrust on the brake system of this car, again for road and normal sport use the oem brake system is absolutely perfect and we all know that the Huracan is not a race car for sure, but i will personally change the 4 brake disc for STEEL brembo ventilated curve (or maybe alcon) and 4 set of PAGID brake pads yellow, for a perfect feeling.
    it will cost around 5k€ for the full set but after that i will not think and just drive how it must be drive on few track day and sport mountain road.
    The day i will sell the car, all my 5k€ disc and brake pads will be maybe dead but the new customer will get a new set (at 90%) of carbon disc and brake pads for a perfect every day use and he will be happy :-)....I will also be happy to not replace the oem carbon disc used and give a 15k€ for that ;-)