Possibly buying, but engine tap.

Possibly buying, but engine tap.
    Hey everyone. I went to see a huracan today with 50k miles. I took a look at the service paperwork and the tech noted "Slight engine valve tap noise. "Scheduled annual services were recommended and declined by the client. Tech unable to tell grade or quality of oil in the engine."

I then took the car for a test drive and definitely heard the tap. How worried should I be that there could be something major wrong with the car, and is there anything I can do to cover my ass that I'm not thinking of? Calling Lamborghih tomorrow to see if I can purchase an extended warranty, but was just told it unlikely because i'd have to bring in the car first for a 112 point inspection first.

Appreciate any help.

engines cost $30k do you want to take the chance

You already posted this same question on Facebook and people already told you to find something else. Why aren't you listening? Are you talking about the baby blue Huracan for sale at $135k? Like the previous person said, a new engine is going to cost you $$$. Why not pay a bit more and buy something reliable with fewer mileage? If it's out of your budget, I recommend saving up and getting something in better shape.

I was seeing this same one earlier in the year. Looks like it was in NJ but now in San Diego being sold for $15k more. I'm assuming it was driven across the country since it now has +2000 miles on it

Embarrassed to say that this is my first post here, but I was starring hard at this very same car online. Didn't see this thread until now and about the engine tap noise. CarFax showed slight damage but driven +20k miles after, the red leather looks worn but glossy...they likely used some cheap leather shine cleaner.

Also, I believe that it's vinyl wrapped that baby blue color. The original color is silver/gray. This made me suspicious of the slight damage reported which that wrap could've hid some imperfections with the body repair.

So high mileage, worn leather seats, vinyl wrapped/carfax damage, and engine tapping noise...the list of concerns grows. OP, I think you dodged a heavily used Huracan. On the other hand, it would've been something you can drive often and not have any guilt of wearing it out. A "non garage queen"

Guys, i guess this is the perfect moment to try the VIN decoder i just tried myself too for the last months, you get an 20% discount too for just being an member of HuracanTalk and acces this link -> carVertical | VIN decoder, check a car and get vehicle history report

Personally i would not take this risk without an extended warranty. But you could also turn up getting the cheapest Huracan in the country. Good luck!