Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mileage & Depreciation

Mileage & Depreciation
    I'm sure a few Huracan owners are thinking this or it may just be me. I love this car and want to drive it everyday. I'm already at 1200 miles and almost ready for my first service. I know all cars depreciate and I'm sure it'll drop in value like every other car. I have a feeling this Lambo is going to have more miles than previous models because of its comfort and other great features. I don't plan on selling on anytime soon, but what are you guys thinking on depreciation and values in a year or so? Its really amazing on the difference between the H and my 2012 LP550, really night and day. Love the strada for a nice quiet long ride and then waking it up in sport and corsa!

I think in your post you also have your answer, but here is what i think. The Huracan is definately the most driver orientated Lambo so far and i would dare to say, the most driver orientated car in it's segment. Considering it's versatility especially equipped with magneto suspension it almost makes it as comfortable and usuable as a daily driver. Considering this this car will be driven a lot, much more in my opinion than the Gallardos or Aventadors. That being said i do not think the mileage will have such an great influence as it had on past models.
    As for depreciation of course that prices will drop, another big factor will be the next announcement from Lamborghini on how many Huracans have been ordered (as you all know 3000 worldwide, 1000 in US so far).

like all else in life, have to wait and see,,

I say don't worry about it. Have fun and enjoy the car. My 2014 GTR is 11 months old with 17k miles. You lose money either way, might as well enjoy it.

I look at it this way... if you (have to) worry about depreciation, then you probably shouldn't be buying it. I look at any car as a liablility, as it costs me money. If there's any value at the end of 3-5 years, I consider that pure gravy.

[QUOTE=cactus;1851]I look at it this way... if you (have to) worry about depreciation, then you probably shouldn't be buying it. /QUOTE]

Agreed. Now however I'm also worrying about deprecation cause I plan to move to a 599 GTO (let the hating begin) after a year of having my Huracan, but thats cause I want to have a lower difference in price when I do go to trade.

Really though just as long as you keep it under 5k miles I think you won't lose anymore than 25k depending on your market
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

[QUOTE=LP610NJ;1855]
    Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    I look at it this way... if you (have to) worry about depreciation, then you probably shouldn't be buying it. /QUOTE]

Agreed. Now however I'm also worrying about deprecation cause I plan to move to a 599 GTO (let the hating begin) after a year of having my Huracan, but thats cause I want to have a lower difference in price when I do go to trade.

Really though just as long as you keep it under 5k miles I think you won't lose anymore than 25k depending on your market

That's exactly my thoughts. I don't keep cars very long, longest has been about 18 months, so I was just curious on what people thought about it. Its funny you mentioned the 599, a couple of the salesman at the dealership think that's the best bang for your buck right now. I thought about it as well before I got the Huracan. I'd love to put it next to the Huracan. Anyone with some sort of business/financial sense at least thinks about value/depreciation, doesn't necessarily mean they have to worry about it or can't afford it. I enjoy the buying/selling process.

[QUOTE=carz80am;1859]
    Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post

That's exactly my thoughts. I don't keep cars very long, longest has been about 18 months, so I was just curious on what people thought about it. Its funny you mentioned the 599, a couple of the salesman at the dealership think that's the best bang for your buck right now. I thought about it as well before I got the Huracan. I'd love to put it next to the Huracan. Anyone with some sort of business/financial sense at least thinks about value/depreciation, doesn't necessarily mean they have to worry about it or can't afford it. I enjoy the buying/selling process.
    Even if I do think about it I wouldn't bring it up. Generally, financially savvy people don't need to ask or discuss publicly, IMO. It's definitely a sign of an immature investor or one lacking experience/confidence. But I guess this is the Internet age, and those seeking validation are a just keystroke away. I guess I'm old-school. :P

In this day and age there are also a lot of trolls on the internet, you know people who don't really bring any substance to a thread. Didn't see you answer the question on hand? You enjoying your Huracan cactus? Haven't seen any pictures posted yet

I also enjoy the numbers game of buying a car. The 599 right now I'm obsessed with epecially the GTO (my dream car) but of course I want a Aperta but thats another couple years. F12 just doesn't give me the same sense the 599 does. The F12 has a better sound and interior and trans but thats it...
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette