Huracan Wing Mirror Issues

Huracan Wing Mirror Issues
    Hi all,

Im fairly new to the forum but wanted to see if anyone has faced the same issues I have with my wing mirrors. Approximately 8 months ago I returned back to my Huracan which is parked in my garage the following morning and the passenger side wing mirror seems to have almost detached itself from the hinge and is completely floppy. The mirror has taken no impact or has never been hit, nor are there any signs of impact to the mirror itself. Its almost like it has got jammed when folding up when the car has been locked. After going back and forth with by local Lamborghini dealership as they were communicating with the factory, they stated this has happened due to an 'external agent i.e impact' which I am sure was not the case but either way paid £2000 for a replacement.

Once again now, the exact same thing has happened to the driver side wing mirror. Again when taking my car into the garage I need the mirrors to reverse in and so my CCTV also shows the mirror completely in tact. Again no impact signs and the mirror is detached from the hinge completely. This seems to almost confirm that there has to be some sort of manufacturing fault on my vehicle.

Has anyone faced any issues of this sort and if you have any advise that would be appreciated. I have also attached some pictures for reference.

Huracan Wing Mirror Issues-img_1246-jpg

Huracan Wing Mirror Issues-img_0348-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Huracan Wing Mirror Issues-img_1246-jpg 

Has the dealership looked directly at the mirror? Have they taken it apart to examine the mechanism? If not, start there.

Seems like the motor is not stopping when it is supposed to hence they are moving past the stop point.
    Both sides are doing it so it could be a control module issue.

Was it ever twisted backward as in the “break away” position? Might be a motor and stop position that is damaged, broken or need to be reset.

They did originally look into the mirror and were liaising with the factory. The factory determined it was from an external agent so didn't see much point in arguing any further and paid for the replacement. The identical thing has now happened again to the other mirror. It has never been twisted backwards.

I believe you may be correct in the issue lying with the control module. Just slightly concerned why they didn't identify that last time they had the car. Was without the car for 4 weeks last time, now left with a non functioning car once again and awaiting for the factory to investigate this. Have the dealer also saying because they are moving Parts factory currently in Italy, the lead time on the new mirror will be in excess of two weeks which is all a bit frustrating.

Thank you for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by nc123 View Post
    They did originally look into the mirror and were liaising with the factory. The factory determined it was from an external agent so didn't see much point in arguing any further and paid for the replacement. The identical thing has now happened again to the other mirror. It has never been twisted backwards.

I believe you may be correct in the issue lying with the control module. Just slightly concerned why they didn't identify that last time they had the car. Was without the car for 4 weeks last time, now left with a non functioning car once again and awaiting for the factory to investigate this. Have the dealer also saying because they are moving Parts factory currently in Italy, the lead time on the new mirror will be in excess of two weeks which is all a bit frustrating.

Thank you for your responses.
    I thought I would resurrect this thread, as the same problem happened to me recently. After coming home, I actuated the mirror fold-up switch. The passenger side mirror rotated perhaps an inch, and then simply flopped down to the 6 o'clock position, limp and loose. There was no impact of any kind.

I brought it to the attention of my dealer, who though that I'd likely have to replace the entire mirror assembly. I brought the car to a buddy that works at a body shop, and he removed the mirror. This is what he found - there was a corroded clip at the top of the post upon which the mirror rotates. They were able to replace the clip, and all is now fine! SUPER cheap fix, compared to replacing the entire mirror assembly!!!

Anima sana in corpore sano