Huracan sells 3,000 units in 10 months ...1,000 in the US alone

Huracan sells 3,000 units in 10 months ...1,000 in the US alone

The Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 has only been unveiled to the general public at the March 2014 Geneva Auto Show, so about eight months ago, however two months earlier current owners and VIP were able to admire the new V10 Raging Bull ahead of the official introduction, so sales started early for this long awaited Gallardo successor.

I'm sure Automobili Lamborghini SpA had several order for the new car even before anyone even saw a render of how she would look, but it is safe to state a lot of orders were only finalized once the V10 was seen by their prospective owners, giving sales a boost ever since January 2014 ... only to reach a record breaking 3,000 units in about 10 months ... never before has Lamborghini sold that many cars in a one year timeframe since 2000 ... the previous record sales year was 2008 with 2,406 units.

If all goes as planned 2014 will be an absolute record in sales for the Sant'Agata company, they predict a total of 3,600 cars will be sold over the 12 month period, and this doesn't even include sales of the V12 flagship ... perhaps the 4,000 mark is in reach by December 2014?

Keep in mind there was a serious marketing strategy in play during the months leading onto the Geneva Auto Show unveil, impressive VIP events were put together to get possible customers in the door for a sneak preview of the brand new, very innovative Huracan ... and the result is obvious with a figure this high, note that the US market alone accounts for 1,000 units already, so one third of the Huracan production is going to the United States for many months to come as delivery times are still long for the V10 Bull.

So it is safe to say the Gallardo has been succeeded by another success story for Lamborghini, with the Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo finished already and the GT3 variant just around the corner I'm sure a lightweight street edition of the Huracan is in the pipeline together with the eagerly awaited Spyder version ... so sales for this new 'Baby Bull' will remain high for quite some time to come ...

Source : LamboCARS.com

3000 units in this segment is huge. Nice post btw
    2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560

Not sure, if I should be happy, or I should cry...
    Uniqueness is disappearing in front of my eyes

Thats the only thing I give Ferrari respect for. At-least every two years they have a special limited edition. Lambo has their editions but they aren't exactly rare like there is no set number besides the STS,Squad and Balboni (gallardo) and the sf's and anniversaries for the v12s
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

My dealer has been taking orders since December. Is the 3000 a delivered number or orders taken? I know my car will not be delivered until mid next year.

Quote Originally Posted by irrer88 View Post
    My dealer has been taking orders since December. Is the 3000 a delivered number or orders taken? I know my car will not be delivered until mid next year.
    Orders taken, i heard that by the end of the year there will be in total 4000 orders.

That is very good from a demand side. Hopefully Lamborghini keeps production low and infrequent model changes to minimize depreciation.
    2015 GT3
    2014 CLA45 AMG
    2014 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by irrer88 View Post
    That is very good from a demand side. Hopefully Lamborghini keeps production low and infrequent model changes to minimize depreciation.
    I think Lamborghini was a bit surprised by the number of orders they got, now i'm sure that a facelift of the car will be available in several years, i expect a life of the model of at least 10 years as the G had.