Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    610 vs 580 decision
    If you don't need AWD and can live without carbon fiber brakes then the 580 is your car. Once you add brakes the price gets close to the 610. Certainly a used 610 is a better option than a new 580 unless you have to have new or have to have RWD. Agreed I have not read any bad reviews of the 580. I guess you can't go wrong either way!

If you do not care about the difference in style, front and rear, then you should be able to make a decision fairly quick after doing your homework.

As others have mentioned, there is significant value in having an AWD system in a car equipped with ~600HP. It is the signature of the turbo Porsche and plays a part in how most extract performance from these cars. Yes, both have systems in place to assist with handling; however, having AWD blasts this car in the direction you need it with confidence.

Also, do not underestimate the value that comes with a pre-owned 610 vs. 580. Again, aside from the front and rear, you must also factor in the carbon brakes, which is a significant upgrade and the right fit for a car of this caliber. In addition, the lack of brake dust is welcomed! Also, there are subtle interior tid bits that do not come standard.

Good luck in your search!

Quote Originally Posted by richardw331 View Post
    I think the 610 looks much better at the front.

580 looks a little toned down
    I agree

the 580 front is not as pretty IMHO

I also hate the fact that there is no grill to stop bugs hitting the radiator fins

One thing I do not like about my Turbo S/580s vs my 610 is their is no protection in the front ,just like the 580.I wish just bugs,several times I had rocks hit the radiators.Pissed me off....610,no issue as it has grills...

Correct ,after owning many 600 hp Vipers with only rwd and very bad traction issues,I only will buy these powerful cars with AWD and DC Trans ....

Quote Originally Posted by lp580 View Post
    I have the 580 and imo it handles better and it's not front end heavy like the 610. Plus it looks sharper compared to the 610.
    Of course you do :rollseyes. 580 front and rear just look fugly. Go for the 610 all day long.

buy an used 610 instead of brand new 580

I test drove both extensively - to me the 580 looks a bit "cheap" with all the plastics. Probably to the un-trained eye you can't tell but I surely can and after seeing them side by side, I opted for the 610.

just my 2 cents
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Thanks for all the input! Great forum and hoping to become a true member of the fam soon

Quote Originally Posted by s4play View Post
    I test drove both extensively - to me the 580 looks a bit "cheap" with all the plastics. Probably to the un-trained eye you can't tell but I surely can and after seeing them side by side, I opted for the 610.

just my 2 cents
    s4play - what did you think of AWD vs RWD?

I haven't driven a 610 but I own a 17 580-2 Spyder. I love it. I don't know how it could be any better of a street car. I have had mine for less than 5 weeks and I've already got 1200 miles. I've driven it highway, back roads, and thru the city of Boston. I absolutely love it. I've driven it in Strada (seldom) Sport (most of the time) and even quite a bit in Corsa. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk