Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Spec'd my Performante today
    Quote Originally Posted by lucycan View Post
    So Jealous!
    It's gonna be amazing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a white performante at dealership in Toronto. The engine bay looks so good! Love it. hottest car right now !

I too had not heard about the laser etching in the seats and door inserts delaying he car, that's news to me. I just spec'd my car at the dealership on Friday and he made no mention of it and said he anticipates Sept/Oct delivery. I went with the Arancio Antheaus, costly, but looks so good with the contrast of matte paint to gloss with the Style Package. I did run the tab up though, came to $339K

Quote Originally Posted by D11 View Post
    I too had not heard about the laser etching in the seats and door inserts delaying he car, that's news to me.
    There is no delay if you get just the laser etching and stitching. If you want laser etching + the stripe, then that requires Ad Personam. And there is about a 2 month delay for cars with Ad Personam, so says my dealer.

MBG
    Stay in school kids!

2012 McLaren MP4-12C, Standard Blue, color matched HRE S204's
    2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante 640-4, "Orion Nebula", FI Exhaust #001, custom calipers, plenums, etc.
    Previous: 2015 Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, Bianco Icarus / Nero Ade / Rosso Alala, FI Exhaust
    2016 Infiniti QX80, a.k.a. "Tankamus" - will run over the McL or Lambo

Instagram: MBGCars

Quote Originally Posted by MBG View Post
    There is no delay if you get just the laser etching and stitching. If you want laser etching + the stripe, then that requires Ad Personam. And there is about a 2 month delay for cars with Ad Personam, so says my dealer.

MBG
    That's how I ordered, laser etching in orange, contrast stitch in orange, and orange vein/stripe but no mention of delay. I guess we'll see if that gets worked out between now and when production begins as it was not an issue that was mentioned. I'm hoping for September delivery, in my experience with ordering Lamborghini's when they switch over the line for retail orders the cars tend to arrive earlier than anticipated. I don't want to short change what I want nor what I feel adds to the car for a short term gratification of an earlier arrival of only two months if it means not getting something. I guess we'll see. As of right now, the factory will only do black alcantara on the sport seats, cannot change the main color yet. What they don't tell you is that most Ad Personam requests add to delivery time.

Quote Originally Posted by D11 View Post
    That's how I ordered, laser etching in orange, contrast stitch in orange, and orange vein/stripe but no mention of delay. I guess we'll see if that gets worked out between now and when production begins as it was not an issue that was mentioned. I'm hoping for September delivery, in my experience with ordering Lamborghini's when they switch over the line for retail orders the cars tend to arrive earlier than anticipated. I don't want to short change what I want nor what I feel adds to the car for a short term gratification of an earlier arrival of only two months if it means not getting something. I guess we'll see. As of right now, the factory will only do black alcantara on the sport seats, cannot change the main color yet. What they don't tell you is that most Ad Personam requests add to delivery time.
    At this moment its absolutely unclear when we could expect delivery. The head of sales of europe visited my brussels showroom last tuesday and was unable to answer when we could expect delivery. Also the demo car would be postponed to as far as july.
    I think it's very strange why they cant give us a delivery date.
    Maybe they first want to see how many orders they get so they can adjust the production ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rugman View Post
    At this moment its absolutely unclear when we could expect delivery. The head of sales of europe visited my brussels showroom last tuesday and was unable to answer when we could expect delivery. Also the demo car would be postponed to as far as july.
    I think it's very strange why they cant give us a delivery date.
    Maybe they first want to see how many orders they get so they can adjust the production ?

Yes, very likely. Early slots for US dealers had to be submitted by now. If you go Ad Personam requests it likely pushes your ETA depending on the magnitude of the request. They apparently want to change the line over and pump the customer cars out and special requests slow that process considerably. You would think if they offer an option that there ready to honor the selection of that option and be able to have it ready to spec on a car.

Matt orange like the one in the Geneva unveiling is 21k option color. Probably the most expensive color option for Performante. I think it looks great on Performante but you need to clear bra it right away.

I would love to have Matt Red option but they don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MBG View Post
    Great car that I'm truly excited about. Mine will be about as identical as I could make it to my current H, because I love the one I have so much.

Came to $306,790 before guzzler tax and destination charge. Interestingly, I wanted red calipers and the centerlock wheels with red locks. Turns out the configurator won't allow that as the red's are different colors! Really?! Common on Lambo, fix that. Other silly things like I can't have a leather steering wheel instead of Alcantara - annoying. And you can't get Q-Citara (quilted stitching) in the Performante, just some laser engraved pattern that requires Ad Personam and 2 months longer to take delivery. Sheesh.

Pretty happy overall, now just need to seal the deal (and say goodbye to my current H)

MBG
    You can get leather steering wheel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugman View Post
    You can get leather steering wheel !!
    Yup, I finally got it in my spec. Leather with red stitching. I don't like alcantara steering wheels which get dirty, nasty looking over time, with no good way to keep them clean except wearing gloves - which I will never do.
    Stay in school kids!

2012 McLaren MP4-12C, Standard Blue, color matched HRE S204's
    2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante 640-4, "Orion Nebula", FI Exhaust #001, custom calipers, plenums, etc.
    Previous: 2015 Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, Bianco Icarus / Nero Ade / Rosso Alala, FI Exhaust
    2016 Infiniti QX80, a.k.a. "Tankamus" - will run over the McL or Lambo

Instagram: MBGCars