maintenance cost

maintenance cost
    There was a post about service cost, however, i called both dealer in Norcal and the price i got is totally different.

The guys basically told me the retail price from the book, but the price is shocking tho.

1. One year service. Oil and filter change, brake filter etc. around 1650-1700 for both dealer. I remember some member said they only paid 600-800 for oil and filter? how do you tell the dealer to do oil and filter only?

2 Second year. Spark plug and specialty fluid for 6k?!

3. Third year, back to one year service, but somehow 4k?

Well the manager did say we dont need to do spark plug until 18k miles but the pricing is somewhat surprising(probably 4th year, i am at 4600 miles now).

Just had the Oil and Filter Changed at Lambo Dealership in Palm Beach,did great job.I watched..520.00 Total....

That's great. I felt like i only need a oil change since i only drove 3k miles in the past 10 month. Did they reset your maintenance timer as well? Dealer told me that i can definitely not to do the 2nd year service but i am not sure if i can choose to do oil and filter change only

This is why I just stick to renting. I don't think I can enjoy driving this car every single day. Maybe more of a weekend car, but why spend majority of your money on something you only drive sometimes? If you do spend $250-300k on this car, it'd be a waste to let it sit around.

I've heard some super car owners let these cars sit around and try to not put too many miles on the car. But if renting is an option, why pay full retail for a car you're scared to put miles on? I'd rather keep that $300k in the bank than on a car that sits around. It's not like the car will go up in value if you let it sit in the garage, it will just depreciate slower.